June 30, 2003; The Entity is Revealed

• News
  • Thread starter schwarzchildradius
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the upcoming deadline of June 30, 2004, where the US plans to hand over power to "The Entity" in Iraq. There are concerns about the current state of violence and whether the country will become a stable, democratic republic or experience an Islamic revolution. There is also discussion about the limited choices for the future of Iraq and a preference for populist anarchy as the best form of government.

What state will Iraq be in on 7/1/04 ?

• extreme ubiquitous populist anarchy

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • organized Islamic revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Islamic/Secular civil war

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exactly the same as today

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • unorganized populist Iraqi national revolution

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • orderly transition to colonial serfdom the Halliburton way

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
schwarzchildradius
June 30, 2004; The Entity is Revealed

"I don't know how history will judge me-- everyone will be dead!"
-GWB
Okay, picture 70 days from now what will happen in Free Iraq. The hype has been tremendous, and the whole line has been that it will be a stable, democratic, free government of happy Iraqis. We're going to hand over power to "The Entity" ironically divined from anarchy by the UN envoy. The architects of the war plans expected the country to become more stable over time, and stubbornly adhere to the 6/30/04 deadline, yet the death toll for April alone is one short of 100 and we're only half way through it. Bremer flatly states that Iraqi security forces will not be ready to protect the country from insurgents. Yet what has been feared as a civil war might actually be an Islamic revolution (!)
What kind of state will Iraq be in on 7/1/04?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I doubt the political situation in Iraq will change much in the next 70 days. I don't see a complete breakdown or a huge shift in the power relations between the three Islamic sects. I do think there will be an increase in violance against the US and its allies.

I want to protest the choice of alternatives. There should at least been a "none of the above" category, even if you didn't personally think "Promisingly stable republic" was likely. A skewed set of choices is just a disguised rant in my opinion.

selfAdjoint said:
I want to protest the choice of alternatives. There should at least been a "none of the above" category, even if you didn't personally think "Promisingly stable republic" was likely. A skewed set of choices is just a disguised rant in my opinion.
There should also be the choice of it looking the way its meant to look after 6/30...

Not that I really think it will be a reasonably stable democracy on 7/1, but it should still be a choice.

selfAdjoint said:
That's what this part is for. Say what you think.

Bring On Populist Anarchy!

Bring out populist anarchy!
Its got my vote as the BEST system of government on present-day Earth.
Although, it's never been tried (not counting Spain's events).

1. What is the significance of June 30, 2003 in the scientific community?

June 30, 2003 marks the date when the scientific community first became aware of a mysterious entity that had been observed in various locations around the world. This event sparked a great deal of interest and research into the nature and origin of the entity.

2. How was the entity first discovered on June 30, 2003?

The entity was first discovered on June 30, 2003 by a group of scientists who were studying anomalies in the Earth's magnetic field. They noticed a sudden disturbance in the readings and upon further investigation, they discovered the entity's presence.

3. What is the nature of the entity revealed on June 30, 2003?

The nature of the entity is still largely unknown. It appears to be a highly advanced, intelligent and technologically advanced being, but its exact origin and purpose remain a mystery. Some scientists believe it may be extraterrestrial in nature.

4. Have there been any significant developments or interactions with the entity since its revelation on June 30, 2003?

There have been sporadic sightings and interactions with the entity since its initial revelation in 2003. However, these interactions have been limited and often unpredictable, making it difficult for scientists to study and understand the entity's behavior and capabilities.

5. How has the discovery of the entity on June 30, 2003 impacted scientific research and advancements?

The discovery of the entity on June 30, 2003 has greatly impacted scientific research and advancements, particularly in the field of astrophysics and extraterrestrial studies. It has sparked new theories and hypotheses, as well as collaborations between scientists from different fields, in an effort to better understand the entity and its implications for our understanding of the universe.