Preview Post Results in Post Data Duplication and Errors?

• Thread starter 5hassay
  • Start date
In summary, there is a known bug with the LaTeX implementation on the site where refreshing and clearing the cache of the browser may help to resolve the issue. Another known bug is that when Preview is clicked, the "1., 2., and 3." steps may be duplicated in the edit box. This issue is not related to LaTeX and is expected to still be present after the site switches to MathJax.
5hassay
Hello,

I am using Internet Explorer 9. The following has occurred for Internet Explorer 8.

When I attempt to preview a post or reply with Latex data inside, all is usually okay. But, when I make a change to the Latex, then preview post for a second time, the Latex data does not completely change and results in Latex math. being present that should not be (I deleted it). Additionally, often enough the data in the post/reply will be duplicated. For example, after using preview post for the second time, the "1. State Problem, 2. ..." duplicates in the previewed post/reply and the post/reply itself.

What's going on?

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a known bug with the LaTeX implementation of the site.

You should be able to refresh; clearing the cache of your browser also helps.

jhae2.718 said:
This is a known bug with the LaTeX implementation of the site.

You should be able to refresh; clearing the cache of your browser also helps.

Oh, okay.

Yea, unforunately the refresh method does not seem to have any effect for me... But, I'll give it a few more tries.

Thanks!

Once you press preview, it will show the old code.

Then hit refresh and it should update.

JaredJames said:
Once you press preview, it will show the old code.

Then hit refresh and it should update.

Oh! Yes, I misunderstood. That makes sense.

Thanks!

The issue should be resolved once the server switches LaTeX engines...

Does the LaTeX engine cause

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

to be appended every time "Preview" is clicked, as well?

I was going to start my own thread, but the OP's question was exactly the same as mine.

That's another known bug. It doesn't have anything to do with LaTeX, so it's likely to still be there after the coming move to MathJax.

Nat3 said:
Does the LaTeX engine cause

to be appended every time "Preview" is clicked, as well?

I was going to start my own thread, but the OP's question was exactly the same as mine.

Hmm, I am not certain what you meant by appended, but, if you mean when Preview is selected the "1., 2., and 3." steps will be duplicated, but only in the edit box (for me). Also, I think I have noticed them being duplicated n amount of times for every time Preview is selected.

Related to Preview Post Results in Post Data Duplication and Errors?

1. How can I preview post results to check for post data duplication and errors?

To preview post results, you can use a debugging tool or add code to your website that displays the post data and checks for any duplication or errors.

2. Why is it important to check for post data duplication and errors?

Post data duplication and errors can lead to inaccurate or incomplete data being saved in your database, which can affect the functionality and reliability of your website. It's important to catch and fix these issues before they cause problems for your users.

3. Can post data duplication and errors be caused by user input?

Yes, post data duplication and errors can be caused by incorrect or incomplete user input. This is why it's important to have validation checks in place to prevent these issues from occurring.

4. Are there any tools or plugins that can help with identifying post data duplication and errors?

Yes, there are various debugging tools and plugins available that can help with identifying and fixing post data duplication and errors. Some popular options include Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools, and Debug Bar for WordPress.

5. How often should I check for post data duplication and errors?

It's a good idea to regularly check for post data duplication and errors, especially after making any changes to your website or adding new features. This will help ensure that your website is functioning properly and that your data is accurate.