Preparing for physics olympiad. Need Guidance

In summary, the speaker is starting 11th grade and wants to compete in the International Physics Olympiad (IPHO) for the next two years. They have 10 months until the qualifier and feel confident in their knowledge of theory, having solved many problems from textbooks like Resnick Halliday and IE IRODOV. They are seeking guidance on how to proceed and are wondering about other recommended problem books and the required level of math knowledge for IPHO. They also mention a previous post about being in 9th grade, but now stating they are in 11th grade.
narayan.rocks
iam starting 11th grade this year and i want to appear in IPHO for the next two years. I am pretty talented and i am aiming for two golds. i have about ten months for the qualifier in my country . i know all theory and i have a pretty good grasp . i have solved many problems from resnick halliday and about 130 from IE IRODOV .

I need guidance on how to go about from here and is there any other good problem book .
Also i need to know how much Math i need to know for IPHO . iam pretty good with basic calculus what more should i learn .

Physics news on Phys.org
INPhO (Semifinals) is in February 3rd.solve the Question paper and Rank yourself if you completed the Resnick-Halliday. Resnick-Halliday is an ultimate text for introductory Physics and IPhO test is on level of it. If you want more go to Reference page of Olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in/

Also don't post so many threads regarding one problem.your all threads started yet deals with same topic and in one you write you are in 9th grade here you write 11th grade why

Related to Preparing for physics olympiad. Need Guidance

What is the best way to prepare for a physics olympiad?

The best way to prepare for a physics olympiad is to have a strong foundation in fundamental concepts and equations, as well as practice solving problems from previous olympiads. It is also helpful to participate in study groups or seek guidance from experienced mentors.

What are the key topics that are commonly tested in physics olympiads?

The key topics that are commonly tested in physics olympiads include mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, optics, and modern physics. It is important to have a good understanding of these topics and be able to apply them to solve complex problems.

How can I improve my problem-solving skills for a physics olympiad?

To improve your problem-solving skills, it is important to practice solving a variety of problems from different sources. This will help you develop your critical thinking and reasoning skills, as well as identify any weaknesses in your understanding of key concepts.

Are there any online resources that can help me prepare for a physics olympiad?

Yes, there are many online resources available such as past olympiad problems, video lectures, and practice quizzes. Some reputable websites include PhysicsOlympiad.org, PhysicsOlympiadWiki.com, and APlusPhysics.com.

What are some tips for managing time during the physics olympiad?

To effectively manage your time during the physics olympiad, it is important to read each question carefully and prioritize which problems to solve first. It may also be helpful to make a quick outline or plan for solving each problem before starting to work on it. Additionally, try to stay calm and focused throughout the olympiad to avoid wasting time on unnecessary mistakes.