Preparing for IIT: Suggestions for Good Books

In summary, the conversation suggests using HC VERMA and IE IRODOV for physics, ML Khanna for math (instead of RD Sharma), Morrison & Boyd for organic chemistry, and OP Tandon for inorganic chemistry as good books to prepare for IIT. The conversation also mentions the availability of past papers and the simplicity of these books compared to others.
saket1991
Please could ppl tell me about gud books to prepare for IIT??
I have checkmarked HC VERMA and IE IRODOV for physics...but please add on to this list...

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm no indian, but I know that you can get copies of past papers.

Any other helpful comments??

Still heaven't received a reply...please help somebody,pleasezzzzz

ML Khanna for math.

He is real good?
Or will RD Sharma do?(I have already bought RD Sharma)

You mean the RD Sharma objective one? It's ok.
ML Khanna has more problems to solve, but it's lenghty and takes time.

its not the objective one...
it is the one following cbse

shramana said:
You mean the RD Sharma objective one? It's ok.
ML Khanna has more problems to solve, but it's lenghty and takes time.

Both are much simpler than TMH or Dasgupta's Problems for IIT Mathematics
I really appreciate the latter o:)

Other -:
Organic=>Morrison & Boyd
Inorganic=>OP Tandon

Related to Preparing for IIT: Suggestions for Good Books

What is the best way to prepare for IIT?

The best way to prepare for IIT is to start early and have a consistent study schedule. It is also important to have a thorough understanding of the concepts and practice solving problems regularly.

Which books are recommended for IIT preparation?

There are many good books available for IIT preparation, some popular ones include NCERT textbooks, RD Sharma for Mathematics, HC Verma for Physics, and OP Tandon for Chemistry. However, it is important to choose books that suit your learning style and cover the IIT syllabus thoroughly.

Is it necessary to join coaching classes for IIT preparation?

No, it is not necessary to join coaching classes for IIT preparation. With the vast amount of resources available online and in books, self-study can be just as effective. However, coaching classes can provide additional support and guidance for students who need it.

How much time should I spend studying for IIT preparation?

The amount of time you spend studying for IIT preparation will depend on your individual learning pace and the amount of syllabus you need to cover. However, it is recommended to dedicate at least 6-8 hours per day for studying.

Can I rely solely on solving previous years' question papers for IIT preparation?

Solving previous years' question papers can be a helpful practice, but it should not be the only method of preparation. It is important to also understand the concepts and practice solving different types of problems to be fully prepared for the IIT exam.