Where Have I Been? An Update from a Military Member

• Thread starter ~TheoryWizard~
  • Start date
In summary, Theory Wizard has returned to the forum after being in the military for a year and not having access to a computer. They offer to answer any questions about their experience in the military and mention their job working on airplanes. They also ask if they can use their own avatar on the site. Other forum members welcome them back and ask about their specialty in the military. Theory Wizard also mentions that they remember other members from the old forum. When asked if they would make the decision to join the military again, they give a complex answer and offer to explain further to anyone interested.
~TheoryWizard~
Most of you probably weren't around when I was, but some of you might remember me. Just letting those that know me know I'll be around =) What's up? How's everyone been? Quick explination of where I've been - Joined the military, was without a computer for almost a year because I was in training, but now I'm where I'm going to be stationed for the rest of my enlistment, so I got my computer here. If anyone ever has any questions about the military, considering joining or anything like that, feel free to ask me anything. I don't know everything, I've only been in about a year, but if I can't answer it I can probably find out. Also, quick question for anyone reading - can I use my own avatar on this site?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes you can

WB!

What's your specialty? Are you going to be a Fly Boy? (I WANT TO FLY! I've always wanted to get my pilot's license, but they went and made it a requirement that you have to be able to reach the pedals! )

I also spent a year in my military service very far away of my city
Man, I don't envy you now!
And I remember you from PF2 :smile:

Originally posted by ~TheoryWizard~
Most of you probably weren't around when I was, but some of you might remember me. Just letting those that know me know I'll be around =) What's up? How's everyone been? Quick explination of where I've been - Joined the military, was without a computer for almost a year because I was in training, but now I'm where I'm going to be stationed for the rest of my enlistment, so I got my computer here. If anyone ever has any questions about the military, considering joining or anything like that, feel free to ask me anything. I don't know everything, I've only been in about a year, but if I can't answer it I can probably find out. Also, quick question for anyone reading - can I use my own avatar on this site?

Hey, do you remember me from the old Forum, "Timejim"??

Of course I remember you Timejim =) Tsunami - I'm not a flyer =/ Though Im' around them all the time. I work on the airplanes. The communication, navigation and mission systems electronics onboard. At Tinker I'm working on an e-3b Sentry AWACS. Many people in my job get their private pilots liscenses or go on to become officers and fly in the air force, because we learn so much about the airplanes that we learn how to fly one, just lack the experience.

Welcome back Theory Wizard :smile:. I, too, remember you, but you probably don't remember me.

Welcome back, TW

If you could go back and make the decision to join over again, would you?

Well guess what, I typed out a 3500 character essay (lol) trying to answer your question, and my log in time expired so it got erased =( Anyways, to make it short and simple this time - Yes and no. It's really hard to explain as I found out trying to answer it the first time. If anyone is really interested in why I feel that way, like if anyone is interested in joining or whatever, I'd be glad to explain it to them much more in depth. It's not such an easy answer ;) Moving on... Of course I remember you mentat, how've you been? How about you enigma, things going well?

Wow, you go on a week-long holiday bender, and look what you miss.

Hi, TW, welcome back.

1. Where have you been deployed?

I have been deployed to (insert location) as part of my military duties.

2. How long were you deployed for?

I was deployed for (insert duration) as part of my military duties.

3. What was your role during your deployment?

My role during deployment was (insert role) as part of my military duties.

4. What was the most challenging part of your deployment?

The most challenging part of my deployment was (insert challenge) as part of my military duties.

5. How has your deployment experience impacted you?

My deployment experience has had a significant impact on me both personally and professionally. It has taught me valuable lessons, strengthened my skills, and allowed me to serve my country with pride and honor.