Practice test for final exam

In summary, the conversation is about a researcher's study on coffee preferences among a sample of coffee drinkers. The conversation includes questions about the percentages of males and females who prefer regular and bold coffee, and how much of each type of coffee should be purchased by a buyer for Dunkin' Donuts based on the information in the study. The summary also includes the calculations for finding the percentages in the sample.
CosmoK123456
Hi, I was wondering if someone could check to see if this problem is correct. For part "e" I originally was dividing put changed to multiplying is that correct? Thanks in advance for the help.

A researcher was interested in the type of coffee that coffee drinkers prefer. A random sample of coffee drinkers is summarized in the contingency table below:
Mild Reg Bold
Male 20 40 50
Female 50 20 20

b) What percent of those surveyed preferred regular coffee?
i have .3%

c) What percent of females preferred bold?
i have .2222%

d) What percent of those that preferred bold were female?
3.5 %

e) A buyer for Dunkin’ Donuts reviewed the table above. If she were to base her
purchase of 1000 pounds of coffee on that information, how much of each type
of coffee – mild, regular, and bold – should she buy? Explain your answer.
So far I have: she should be 35% mld and bold which equals 70%. and 30% regular. 350 pounds of mild, 350 pounds of bold, and 300 pounds of regular. :)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
The number of people $N$ in the sample is the sum of the males $N_M$ and the females $N_F$:

$N=N_M+N_F=(20+40+50)+(50+20+20)=110+90=200$

b) The total in the sample that prefer regular is:

\(\displaystyle 40+20=60\)

Hence the percentage that prefer regular is:

\(\displaystyle \frac{60}{200}=\frac{30}{100}=30\%\)

c) The number of females that prefer bold is 20, and so the percentage of females that prefer bold is:

\(\displaystyle \frac{20}{N_F}=\frac{20}{90}=\frac{20\cdot\frac{10}{9}}{90\cdot\frac{10}{9}}=\frac{\frac{200}{9}}{100}=22.\bar{2}\%\)

Do you see that to find the percentage, we want to divide the number of a group that have the trait in question by the total number in that group, and get the denominator to be $100$? Of course, you can simply do the division then multiply by 100 as well.

So for part d) how many total prefer bold and how many of those are female?

You have done part e) correctly.

Related to Practice test for final exam

1. What topics should I focus on when studying for the final exam?

It is important to review all topics covered in the course, but pay extra attention to concepts that were emphasized by your instructor or that you struggled with in previous exams or assignments.

2. How can I prepare for the final exam if I have limited time?

Start by reviewing your notes and any study guides provided by your instructor. Focus on key concepts and practice applying them through practice tests or review questions. It may also be helpful to form a study group with classmates to discuss and review material together.

3. Are there any specific strategies I should use while taking the practice test?

Yes, it is important to read each question carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked. Use process of elimination to eliminate incorrect answer choices and carefully consider all options before selecting your answer. It may also be helpful to budget your time and not spend too much time on any one question.

4. Can I use the practice test to predict my final exam score?

The practice test can give you an idea of your current understanding of the material, but it is not a guarantee of your final exam score. It is important to continue studying and reviewing all material before the exam.

5. How should I use the results of the practice test to improve my final exam performance?

Review your mistakes and use them as a guide for what areas you need to focus on in your studying. Make sure to understand why you got a question wrong and practice similar questions to solidify your understanding. Also, pay attention to any patterns in your mistakes and make sure to review those topics thoroughly.