Practice Problems to Nonlinear Dynamics Strogatz Book

In summary, there is a student taking a dynamics course who is looking for a supplemental book to "Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos" by Strogatz. They are specifically looking for a book with practice problems and a solution manual that can be found through the internet. They are struggling to find solutions to the Strogatz book online. The student also mentions specific values for omega z and omega p in relation to the piano's H function.
X89codered89X
Practice Problems to "Nonlinear Dynamics..." Strogatz Book

Hi,

I'm taking a dynamics course which uses the "nonlinear dynamics and chaos" book by Strogatz. I get a half-descent understanding from the lectures of the prof and the book's explanations of things, but [itex]\ is\ there\ a\ good\ supplemental\ book\ to\ Strogatz?[/itex] I'm looking for [itex]a\ book\ with\ lots\ of\ practice\ problems\ and\ which\ actually\ has\ a\ solution\ manual[/itex] that works out the problems that I could find through *some* internet *means* (I'm not asking for a link).[itex]I\ couldn't\ find\ solutions\ to\ the\ Strogatz\ book\ on\ the\ internet[/itex]. Either of these would help me out greatly in my studies.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

[itex]

\omega_z = -\frac{1}{R_{12}C_2} = -30.3\ rad\ Hz\\
\\
\omega_p = -\frac{1}{(R_{12}||R_7)C_2} = -2096\ rad\ Hz

[/itex]

Last edited:

[itex]{\frac}{H_{piano}[e^{\frac{j{\pi}k}{N}}]}{{\Re}|\sum_{k = 0}^N|H_{piano} [ e^{\frac{ j {\pi}k}{N}}]|}

[/itex]

Last edited:

Related to Practice Problems to Nonlinear Dynamics Strogatz Book

1. What is the Strogatz book about?

The Strogatz book, "Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos," is about the study of complex systems that exhibit nonlinear behavior. It covers various topics such as bifurcations, chaos, and synchronization, and provides practical examples and applications of these concepts.

2. Who is the target audience for the Strogatz book?

The Strogatz book is intended for students and researchers in the fields of physics, mathematics, and engineering who have a basic understanding of calculus and differential equations. It can also be helpful for anyone interested in understanding complex systems and their behavior.

3. Are there any prerequisites for reading the Strogatz book?

While a basic understanding of calculus and differential equations is helpful, the Strogatz book does not assume any prior knowledge of nonlinear dynamics. It starts with the fundamentals and gradually introduces more advanced concepts, making it accessible for readers with different levels of background knowledge.

4. Does the Strogatz book include practice problems?

Yes, the Strogatz book includes a variety of practice problems throughout each chapter to help readers reinforce their understanding of the material. These practice problems cover a range of difficulty levels and include solutions at the end of the book.

5. How can the Strogatz book be used in a scientific research setting?

The Strogatz book can be used as a reference for understanding and analyzing complex systems in various fields, such as physics, biology, and economics. It provides a comprehensive overview of nonlinear dynamics, which can be applied to real-world problems and used to make predictions and develop solutions. Additionally, the practice problems in the book can serve as a guide for hands-on exploration and experimentation in the laboratory or in simulations.