Practice problems for calculus?

In summary, the conversation is about resources for solving calculus problems, particularly at an AP level. The speakers discuss using a Stewart textbook and Barrons review book for practice, as well as publicly released tests from the college board website. The speaker also mentions a textbook by Ron Larson, but expresses a desire for more difficult problems like those on the AP test.
AlfredPyo
So what workbooks/resources do you use to solve calculus problems?
AP level? Because I really want to solve problems, not only learning but to actually solve calculus problems that are AP level.

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you have a Calculus textbook? I have a Stewart textbook and I really like the problems in there, and although they are not official college board, they are still that level. Also, I suggest Barrons if you don't have a textbook but you need practice. Usually they have a lot of practice tests and problems on each topic, plus the problems tend to be harder than the test, which makes it seem easier when you actually take it. In school they gave us some crap review books from dsmarketing, I'm sure they are cheap, but the exams are nothing like the real thing. There are also a lot of publicly released tests on the college board website, and those are honestly probably best for practice, yet there are a limited number

Yes, I have the textbook Calculus by Ron Larson.
But the problem is, I saw on the college board, the AP test, there are problems that are pretty hard. I just want to have problems like them that I can practice for.

But I'll look into Stewart textbook problems.

Related to Practice problems for calculus?

1. What are practice problems for calculus used for?

Practice problems for calculus are used to help students develop a strong understanding of the concepts and techniques in calculus. They provide an opportunity for students to apply what they have learned in class and to identify any areas where they may need additional practice.

2. How often should I do practice problems for calculus?

The frequency of practice problems for calculus may vary depending on your individual needs and learning style. However, it is generally recommended to do practice problems regularly, at least 2-3 times a week, to reinforce your understanding of the material and improve your problem-solving skills.

3. Where can I find practice problems for calculus?

There are many resources available for practice problems for calculus, including textbooks, online resources, and practice workbooks. Your instructor may also provide you with practice problems or recommend specific resources to use.

4. How can I use practice problems for calculus to prepare for exams?

Practice problems are an essential tool for exam preparation in calculus. By regularly practicing problems, you can identify any weak areas and focus on improving them. It is also helpful to simulate exam conditions by timing yourself and only using resources that will be available during the actual exam.

5. Can I use practice problems for calculus to study on my own?

Yes, practice problems for calculus are an excellent resource for self-study. They allow you to work through the material at your own pace and identify any areas where you may need additional help. It is also beneficial to seek feedback from a tutor or instructor on your answers to ensure you are on the right track.