Power required to make gaseous Oxygen

In summary, the conversation is about calculating the power needed to vaporize liquid oxygen for an old UK missile/rocket called Blue Streak. The individual has done some work using Mathcad and has a value of 376Kw for the power needed. However, they are unsure about the accuracy of their calculations and are seeking help and input from others on the forum. They also mention not receiving any replies yet and are wondering if they posted in the correct forum.
Notebook
Hello, this is my first post, and I hope its in the correct forum!

As the title says, I'm interested in the power needed to vaporise LOX(liquid oxygen).

Specifically the physics involved for an old UK missile/rocket, called Blue Streak.
Some info here for that rocket.:
http://www.spaceuk.org./bstreak/bstreak.htm"

I've done some work with Mathcad, and this is what I have so far:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Notebook_04/Lox_tank_31-1.jpg"

I have a value of 376Kw for this, but what's worrying me is the figure for Gas_Mass_Lox, the gaseous Lox from the heat-exchanger. Its completely different from HE_Lox_Flow. that's the mass going into the heat-exchanger.

I'm not sure any of the work I've done is accurate, just following some textbooks and using the formulas.

All help appreciated.

N.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Apologies for bumping this thread, just with no replies at all, I'm worried I caught the forum at a busy time and it disapeared into the distance!

If this is the wrong part of the forum, please advise, or if anyone knows of another one I can post to.

All input appreciated.

N.

Related to Power required to make gaseous Oxygen

What is the definition of power required to make gaseous Oxygen?

The power required to make gaseous Oxygen refers to the amount of energy needed to convert liquid or solid Oxygen into its gaseous state. This process is known as vaporization.

What factors affect the power required to make gaseous Oxygen?

The power required to make gaseous Oxygen is affected by various factors such as temperature, pressure, and the physical properties of the substance. The higher the temperature and pressure, the more energy is required to convert Oxygen into gas.

How is the power required to make gaseous Oxygen calculated?

The power required to make gaseous Oxygen is calculated using the formula: P = Q/t, where P is power, Q is the amount of heat energy needed, and t is time. This formula is known as the power equation.

Why is the power required to make gaseous Oxygen important?

The power required to make gaseous Oxygen is important because it helps us understand the energy needed for various industrial processes such as oxygen production and storage. It also helps in designing and optimizing equipment for these processes.

What are the different methods for reducing the power required to make gaseous Oxygen?

There are various methods for reducing the power required to make gaseous Oxygen, such as using more efficient equipment, optimizing process parameters, and using alternative sources of energy. These methods help in reducing energy consumption and increasing the overall efficiency of the process.