Powder photographs of two specimens A and B

• Thread starter صريحي
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Powder
In summary, powder photographs of two specimens A and B were taken with a camera of radius 9cm, showing the arc (difference between corresponding lines on the film) below. Specimen A is pure while B contains some impurities which give rise to three lines. The unit cell dimension of A is 6.576 angstroms. We can suggest that the lattice type of A is cubic and B is also most likely cubic. The three impurity lines in sample B are identified as being at 23.94 cm, 20.62 cm, and 15.99 cm. The wavelength of the radiation used is found using Equation (2) and the lattice dimension of B can be found using Equation (3). By comparing
صريحي
powder photographs of two specimens A and B, are taken with a camera of radius 9cm.the arc ( difference between coresponding lines on the film )are shown in the pure below. both of which are known to belong to the cubic system sepcimen A is pure while B contains some impurities which gives rise to three lines.the unit cell dimension of Ais 6.576 angstroms .
1- suggest the probable lattice type of A and B .
2- IDENTIFY TH THREE IMPURITY LINES IN SAMPLE B.
3- FIND THE WAVELENGTH OF THE RADIATION USED AND THE DIMENSION OF THE LATTICE B.
4- SHOW THAT YOUR SOLUATION GIVES SATISFACTORY AGREEMENT FOR ALL THE LINES ASSOCIATED WITH THE PURE SAMPLE AND GIVE THEIR INDICES.

LA cm : 25.28-24.60-24.02-23.51-23.04-22.20-21.81-21.45
LB cm : 23.94-22.09-20.80-20.62-19.33-18.16-17.06-15.99
LA cm : 21.10-20.76-20.43-20.11-19.48-19.81-21.10-20.76-20.43
LB cm : 14.95-13.93-13.50-12.94-11.88-11.20-14.95-13.93-13.50

RULES :
L/2R = (PI/2) - angle ( theta)........(1)

n ( wavelength) = 2dsin( theta ) .......(2)

d=a/ { (h^2)+(k^2)+(l^2) }^1/2.......(3)

ans:
we find ( theta) from (1) for every L , then we find d ..from d we find ( h.k.l) ..then we idenify the type of lattice ..

but how can i get d ? how can i drow the relations? how can i find exact value of ( h.k.l) from the drowing ?what is the relation between intensity and d ( rule ) ?
how can i analysis the experament? pleez anyone could help.. help me...

Physics news on Phys.org

pleez could anyone help?

Related to Powder photographs of two specimens A and B

1. What are powder photographs?

Powder photographs are images taken using X-ray diffraction techniques to analyze the crystal structure of a powdered sample. This method is commonly used in materials science and mineralogy to identify and study the composition of different substances.

2. How are powder photographs taken?

Powder photographs are taken by exposing a powdered sample to an X-ray beam, which causes the atoms in the sample to diffract the X-rays in unique patterns. These patterns are captured by a detector and converted into a digital image.

3. What information can be obtained from powder photographs?

Powder photographs can provide information about the crystal structure, composition, and orientation of a sample. They can also be used to identify the presence of certain elements or compounds in the sample.

4. Why are two specimens A and B compared in powder photographs?

Comparing two specimens in powder photographs allows scientists to identify any differences in their crystal structures or compositions. This can help in determining the purity of a substance or in studying the effects of different processing methods.

5. What are the advantages of using powder photographs over other analytical techniques?

Powder photographs have several advantages over other analytical techniques, including their ability to analyze a wide range of samples, their non-destructive nature, and their high sensitivity to small changes in crystal structure. They also require minimal sample preparation and can provide results quickly.