Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] POTW Graduate Students Forum

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
I just noticed that the in POTW Grad students forum one has the ability to post new thread, both in general on the topmost corner of the forum page and in the forum tools. I have snipped a few screen shots

post_new_thread_1.PNG

post_new_thread_2.PNG

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Yes, the admins have recently changed the POTW forums so that people who have submitted solutions can review them there and make attachments to their submissions. In order to do this, posting permission had to be granted. However, all threads posted there are subject to moderator approval, and anyone posting anything there directly, other than a moderator or admin will be issued a 10 point infraction.

You can read more about it here:

http://mathhelpboards.com/announcements-32/changes-were-made-potw-submission-process-7608.html

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
But I think you are referring to POTW member solution forum? Does POTW graduate students forum supposed to happen to have the permission for anyone else than admins to post?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Yes, I did misunderstand you. :D

As far as I know the POTW forums, where the problems are posted, have always been technically open to new threads being posted by anyone, but so far no one other than Chris L T521 and Jameson have posted there.

Are the High School and University POTW forums not open to new threads by you?

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
MarkFL said:
Are the High School and University POTW forums not open to new threads by you?
No. I have checked and even forum tools in those forums does not show any such options for posting new threads.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
No. I have checked and even forum tools in those forums does not show any such options for posting new threads.
I see...I know our admins will be glad to know this so they can address it. (Yes)

Thanks for reporting this. (Smile)

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I've changed permissions for this subforum; let me know if you can see the reply button now, mathbalarka. (Smile)

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
It's okay now, thanks for considering the matter.