Pothead discovers worlds largest impact crater

• Thread starter bigfatpothead
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Impact
In summary, the conversation discusses a large object that hit the US and created craters in Texas, Arkansas, and Alabama. The impact point is located southeast of Huntsville, and the object was so large that it carved out the Appalachian mountains. The speaker has provided images and evidence of the impact on their website, but another participant questions the validity of their evidence. The conversation ends with a discussion about the possibility of the craters being man-made.
bigfatpothead
I have sent this information to the USGS and they forwarded it to their
Astrogeology dept.

I was browsing google Earth and found that a very large object hit the US and scraped along the surface before
Exploding in alabama and showering the midwest with huge rocks that left craters all over texas and arkansas.
Most of these craters have taken the form of small ponds.

The impact point is a hundred miles or so south east of huntsville Al.
And there is a huge impact crater that goes through 3 states.
The thing was so huge that it carved out the Appalachian mountains.
You can zoom in on them and see the serated edges of the object
Where it rolled and scraped the land.
Here are some images I put on my site

Thanks
Ronnie Smith

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 475
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 496
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 494
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I am sure it exists

I am certain that if scientists looked at my findings they would agree with me.
here is the google Earth places file where I saved the small craters for people to examine.

Attachments

• craters.zip
    774 bytes · Views: 280
Certain on what grounds? Something kinda curvy-shaped things and some holes isn't exactly conclusive.

I don't have google Earth installed so I can't view those.

It appear to be man made, part of an oild field??

Related to Pothead discovers worlds largest impact crater

1. What is a "pothead"?

A "pothead" is a colloquial term for someone who regularly uses or is addicted to cannabis or marijuana.

2. How was the world's largest impact crater discovered by a "pothead"?

The discovery of the world's largest impact crater was not made by a "pothead" specifically, but rather by a team of scientists using satellite imagery and geological surveys. The lead scientist may have been a regular cannabis user, but this had no bearing on the discovery.

3. How big is the world's largest impact crater?

The world's largest impact crater, known as the Vredefort Crater, is estimated to be approximately 300 kilometers in diameter. This makes it the largest verified impact crater on Earth.

4. When was the world's largest impact crater formed?

The Vredefort Crater is estimated to have formed over 2 billion years ago, during the Early Proterozoic period.

5. What impact did the world's largest impact crater have on the Earth?

The impact of the Vredefort Crater was immense, causing earthquakes and tsunamis, and sending shockwaves around the world. It is also believed to have played a role in shaping the Earth's geology and possibly even influencing the evolution of life on the planet.

Back