Posts become illegible w/ injected ads on mobile

• Bug
  • Thread starter jackwhirl
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers discussed a problem with ads squeezing the text of the first paragraph or quote box into a single column on the right when browsing the site on mobile. They mentioned a possible solution of inserting a newline character after each ad and using the desktop site on mobile browsers. They also noted that being logged in eliminates the issue, and questioned if it was intentional. One speaker confirmed that it was intentional.
jackwhirl
When I browse the site on mobile, (android, chrome) and ads get added to posts, the text of the first paragraph or quote box gets squeezed into a single column on the right. See attached image, below. It looks like it could be fixed by also inserting a newline character after each ad.
Screenshot_20180401-061843.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180401-061843.png
    Screenshot_20180401-061843.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 376
Physics news on Phys.org
Happens to me too. "Like this and is hard to read" appears on mobile browsers like:

L
i
k
e

t
h
i
s

a
n
d

i
s

h
a
r
d

t
o

r
e
a
d

No kidding.

Yeah this is because of the quote block. I can fix, thanks!

Likes Psinter
One option is to use the desktop site on mobile browsers. Almost all mobile browsers have an option of "enable desktop site". I always use that option, so didn't face this problem.

Likes Stavros Kiri
Wrichik Basu said:
One option is to use the desktop site on mobile browsers. Almost all mobile browsers have an option of "enable desktop site". I always use that option, so didn't face this problem.
Also being logged in

Likes Psinter and Stavros Kiri
Greg Bernhardt said:
Also being logged in
Yes, of course. After logging in, one sees no ads.

Likes Stavros Kiri
Greg Bernhardt said:
Also being logged in
I was wondering if that was intentional...

jackwhirl said:
I was wondering if that was intentional...
Yes, of course that is international.

jackwhirl said:
intentional
Wrichik Basu said:
international
Close enough! ...

Related to Posts become illegible w/ injected ads on mobile

1. What causes posts to become illegible with injected ads on mobile?

The most common cause of posts becoming illegible with injected ads on mobile is the ad code being injected into the post's content. This code is typically added by ad networks or plugins, and can interfere with the formatting of the post.

2. How can I prevent posts from becoming illegible with injected ads on mobile?

To prevent posts from becoming illegible with injected ads on mobile, you can use ad blockers or disable plugins that inject ad code into your content. You can also use responsive ad units, which adjust to the size of the screen and do not interfere with the post's formatting.

3. Are there any negative effects on SEO from using injected ads on mobile?

Yes, there can be negative effects on SEO from using injected ads on mobile. The ad code can slow down the loading time of your website, which can affect your search engine rankings. It can also make your content less accessible and readable, which can also impact your SEO.

4. Can I use injected ads on mobile without affecting the readability of my posts?

It is possible to use injected ads on mobile without affecting the readability of your posts, but it requires careful implementation. You will need to ensure that the ad code is not interfering with the formatting of your posts and that the ads are responsive and do not disrupt the flow of the content.

5. How can I improve the user experience for mobile users while using injected ads?

To improve the user experience for mobile users while using injected ads, you can use responsive ad units, optimize your website for fast loading times, and limit the number of ads per page. You can also consider using native ads, which are designed to blend in with the content and provide a better user experience.