Uncovering the Power of Static Electricity: My Surprising TV Experiment

• Thread starter chosenone
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Static
In summary, the conversation was about playing around with a TV and hooking oneself up to the high output of the tube, which resulted in an electrical arc to the wall and attracting paper without affecting any other objects. The poster then insults the other person and ends the conversation. The final posts are about a random dinner and feeling loved.
chosenone
I was palying around with my tv and i hooked myself up to the high output to the tube.i arced electricity to the wall,i attracted paper to me,and no electrical object was effected by the 250 volt no amp,electrical arc,and no magnetic fields.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry, but I can't read your post (too much static).

http://www.rickdoble.net/staticman/

haha that's was genius boulderhead, pure genius.

*face turns beet red*

Thanks !

Originally posted by chosenone
I was palying around with my tv and i hooked myself up to the high output to the tube.i arced electricity to the wall,i attracted paper to me,and no electrical object was effected by the 250 volt no amp,electrical arc,and no magnetic fields.

Yep, sure you did. I made a milkshake. It was pretty damn good.

IDIOT!

Cheese + carrots = yum

IDIOT!

Responding like a 5th grader. Way to burn me man. You're super cool.

your not worth my time,plus know what I can do already!

Last edited:
bye.

your not worth my time,plus know what I can do already!

Umm...[?]

PS Bye. Don't come back!

WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS POST ABOUT?

I had Friday's crispy orange chicken for dinner tonight. Good stuff.

bye.

Lol? A Chroot wannabe :)

I feel loved!

Q: What is static electricity?

Static electricity is the build-up of electric charge on the surface of an object. It occurs when there is an imbalance of positive and negative charges on an object, causing a small electric shock when the object comes in contact with another object or surface.

Q: How does static electricity work?

Static electricity works through a process called triboelectric charging, where two objects rub against each other and exchange electrons. One object loses electrons and becomes positively charged, while the other gains electrons and becomes negatively charged. The build-up of these charges causes static electricity to occur.

Q: Can static electricity be dangerous?

In most cases, static electricity is not dangerous. However, in certain situations, such as in the presence of flammable gases or liquids, static electricity can lead to sparks and potentially cause fires or explosions. It is important to take precautions when working with potentially flammable materials.

Q: What is the surprising TV experiment mentioned in the title?

The surprising TV experiment involves using static electricity to make a small piece of tissue paper move without touching it. This experiment demonstrates the power of static electricity and how it can be harnessed to create movement without physical contact.

Q: How can I try the TV experiment at home?

You can try the TV experiment at home by following these steps: 1. Rub a plastic comb or balloon against a piece of fabric to create static electricity. 2. Hold the comb or balloon near a small piece of tissue paper or confetti. 3. Watch as the tissue paper or confetti moves towards the comb or balloon, showing the power of static electricity.