Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Posting long threads

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
I have a rather lengthy thread that I am trying to post. I was able to cut it in half and post that part, but the second half is also giving me problems.

The site is giving me a time out error when I try to view the whole thing. Cutting off the bottom half worked and I could then view and eventually post it, but the second half of the post is also giving me the time out error.

Is it a problem with the post or is MHB sluggish? (The threads are "Lie Algebra Properties" parts I, II (and probably III.)

-Dan

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
The only thing I can recommend is closing your browser and then reloading it...I sometimes get unresponsive scripts, but it is related to Firefox being a memory hog, and not to any site in particular. I tend to load my browser in the morning, and then try to use it all day and night. :D

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
This is just weird.

Good suggestion on rebooting the browser. I cleared the cache too, just for good measure. I just tried to post half of what's left, which is probably the size of your average post. No joy. I also submitted a test post in the thread to see if there was a problem there. It posted just fine.

My computer speed is good, my cable is running at a good speed, Chrome hasn't done any updates during the day, and as I said I just cleared the cache. The other 5 forums I poke in on are running just fine for me.

I can only think of one last thing to try. "When in doubt reboot the computer." I'll sign off for the night and see if it'll post tomorrow.

Maybe it's the NSA. I discovered something of national importance for this Lie Algebra and they don't want it getting out. (They do have a sense of humor, right??)

-Dan

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Ah, you are using Chrome...my next course of action was going to be to dismissively accuse you of using IE, so that's out...

Seriously though, if the issue still exists tomorrow after the cold reboot, please try setting your thread display mode to "Oldest First" and see if you can post then. :D

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
Ah, you are using Chrome...my next course of action was going to be to dismissively accuse you of using IE, so that's out...

Seriously though, if the issue still exists tomorrow after the cold reboot, please try setting your thread display mode to "Oldest First" and see if you can post then. :D
Sorry I'm getting back so late on this. I've been having mood stability issues all week. I'll try to repost either later today or tomorrow.

-Dan