Posting images expansion to other forums

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
In summary: I thought it was supposed to be hidden until it's ready.Well, if you get a good host or mount it yourself it would work
Mk
The posting images ability is only available in GD as we all know, why can't we have this expanded to say... Other Sciences, and/or Physics? Bandwidth issues or something? Oh c'mon you must make a ton of money off this site! PLEEEEAASEE! :smile: I know the right guys in the red light district.

Physics news on Phys.org
Bandwidth, hotlink and moderation concerns. What is wrong with attaching images?

I must admit that I have seen other forums where the pics had gotten way out of hand. As an example, my wife goes on to a board where EVERY poster hot links to banners that do countdowns and have 4 or 5 pictures in their sigs, etc...There is so much crap on there you can't tell where the posts begin and end.

Attachments are really the way to go. It does kind of stink to wait for the approval process, but I consider that our little blow to the instant gratification idea.

Well, i would like to see possibility in the tutorial secton for improved clarity but uploading is only slightly inconvinient.

Mattara said:
Well, i would like to see possibility in the tutorial secton for improved clarity but uploading is only slightly inconvinient.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I don't think it's a good idea. It will be a great distraction. One can attach an image in a tutorial, or can provide an external link. It will look much better, and neater.

FredGarvin said:
I must admit that I have seen other forums where the pics had gotten way out of hand. As an example, my wife goes on to a board where EVERY poster hot links to banners that do countdowns and have 4 or 5 pictures in their sigs, etc...There is so much crap on there you can't tell where the posts begin and end.

Attachments are really the way to go. It does kind of stink to wait for the approval process, but I consider that our little blow to the instant gratification idea.
Of course, if you're really impatient, you can PM a mentor to let them know your attachment is there and waiting approval.

Another problem with img tags is they are dependent on the original source remaining available. If you link to an image that's there today, and the site takes it down tomorrow, it's gone the way of the big red X in the sky. This is why it definitely wouldn't be a good idea for tutorials.

Moonbear said:
Another problem with img tags is they are dependent on the original source remaining available. If you link to an image that's there today, and the site takes it down tomorrow, it's gone the way of the big red X in the sky. This is why it definitely wouldn't be a good idea for tutorials.

Well, if you get a good host or mount it yourself it would work

How odd...Does anyone else see the " code is on" in the science tutorial section?

Related to Posting images expansion to other forums

1. How do I post images from one forum to another?

To post images from one forum to another, you can use the image's direct URL or upload the image to a third-party hosting site and use the provided link. Make sure to check the forum's guidelines for image posting to ensure you are following their specific rules.

2. Can I resize images when posting them on other forums?

Yes, most forums allow you to resize images when posting them. This can usually be done by using the forum's built-in image editing tools or by using HTML code to specify the image's size.

3. Are there any restrictions on the types of images that can be posted on other forums?

Yes, some forums may have restrictions on the types of images that can be posted. For example, they may not allow explicit or offensive content. It is important to check the forum's guidelines before posting any images.

4. How do I ensure the images I post on other forums are of good quality?

To ensure the images you post on other forums are of good quality, make sure to use high-resolution images and avoid compressing them too much. You can also preview the image before posting to ensure it looks clear and visually appealing.

5. Can I post images on other forums without violating copyright laws?

It is important to respect copyright laws when posting images on other forums. If you are not the owner of the image, make sure to obtain permission or properly credit the source. Some forums may also have specific rules regarding copyright infringement, so it is important to check their guidelines beforehand.