Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Post Voted Best Displayed As First Reply

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
While viewing threads, all the posts (after the original post) are arranged by the time they were posted. The best answer lies in third or fourth page (in some cases). Can we have such a feature that the best answer (chosen by badge holders or voters) remains on top and other answers are time-sensitive?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
While viewing threads, all the posts (after the original post) are arranged by the time they were posted. The best answer lies in third or fourth page (in some cases). Can we have such a feature that the best answer (chosen by badge holders or voters) remains on top and other answers are time-sensitive?
That could work if the "best answer" doesn't rely on information posted before it, i.e., if it was self-contained. We could base it on the post with the greatest number of thanks, however my own personal opinion is that it would not be useful enough to justify the extensive amount of coding it would take to implement it.

For all future suggestions, please begin a new thread. This thread is becoming quite unwieldy, and I have been meaning to break it up into separate threads for separate suggestions. I will do that at some point when I get time (unless someone else beats me to it ;)).

edit: I just finished breaking up that thread, and now it is easier to see which issues were resolved and which weren't. (Yes)