Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
What do you think will happen if she says no?

Physics news on Phys.org
:( Forget it, she blocked me on AIM for no reason.

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
what if she says no? :\ that would suck a lot.

Better to ask than always wonder what would of happen

She didn't show up at the Feast,... :( I think she chose to play tennis on a thanksgiving day.

maybe she has lost patience with u! who is benjamin mckenzie? if its you then what more of a hint do u need?

I can't believe you are still discussing this, send her an email asking why she has blocked u. ASK HER OUT FOR A DRINK OR ANYTHING!

However like adam, i never take my own advice!

Ask her out, get her drunk and then loose her door keys for her so she has to go back to your place, i think you can work out the rest.

Dude straight up, you're wasting too much time about thinking what to do. Like you're analyzing every little event way too much. Just do something already. Is she like the perfect one for you or what? She better be if you're taking this much consideration about talking to her.

Originally posted by jimmy p
maybe she has lost patience with u! who is benjamin mckenzie? if its you then what more of a hint do u need?

I can't believe you are still discussing this, send her an email asking why she has blocked u. ASK HER OUT FOR A DRINK OR ANYTHING!

However like adam, i never take my own advice!

I don't know who the hell is Ben Mackenzie.

^ He's the guy from the OC

Originally posted by Rook
^ He's the guy from the OC

Yea, she's OC addict or some crap. She has a pic of Ben as her Buddy Icon... Saw a few fan sites... he doesn't look all that "cool."

Of course, I have never seen OC anyways, busy with school, never got that time to watch TV. What is soo cool about OC?

It's been hyped. Do people need another reason? *sigh*

It's too late, you've lost her - don't confront her, just forget about her.

Originally posted by rick1138
It's too late, you've lost her - don't confront her, just forget about her.

:( I guess so

Suchis the way things go sometimes - now it is time to find the next one.

Originally posted by rick1138
Suchis the way things go sometimes - now it is time to find the next one.

How do you know I lost her? She was inviting me to a potluck at her house today, but schedule can't work for me, I told her I'd love to go, but I have to spend Christmas with my family.

I thought she blocked you on AIM - anyway you're in now. Such is the way of fortune.

How do you know I lost her? She was inviting me to a potluck at her house today, but schedule can't work for me, I told her I'd love to go, but I have to spend Christmas with my family.

This was a very, very wrong move! You should've accepted her invitation. You could have easily used the opportunity to show her family how great of a guy you are! What were you thinking. This was a big, big mistake. I'm sorry but you really should've accepted..

Last edited:
I totally agree. You have to think on your feet and be prepared to blow off any social obligations if neccessary.

Originally posted by The_Professional
This was a very, very wrong move! You should've accepted her invitation. You could have easily used the opportunity to show her family how great of a guy you are! What were you thinking. This was a big, big mistake. I'm sorry man but you really should've accepted..

I know her parents very well. They know me very well. Actually her mom is the one who always smile at me and say good stuff about me all the time at church, one time she was like "Oh, your son's pretty handsome." to my mom...

I don't really see what the problem is, just go for it!

making progress

WOO HOO! go you! ...actually...maybe we ought to analyse this too :wink: what sort of progress are you talking about? What's happening?

Originally posted by jimmy p
WOO HOO! go you! ...actually...maybe we ought to analyse this too :wink: what sort of progress are you talking about? What's happening?

Yes yes...we should analyze this as well. I need somewhere to practice my nonexistant psychology lessons...my neighbor is a psychologist...maybe in all of his inane babble i have learned something. So...as Jimmy p said...what kind of progress are you making? did she look at you today? or did she just pour milk over your head? (could be a sign she likes you! that or she wants you to go away...)

-Ty

The progress probably is that the girl's mom said to his mom in church that her son is pretty handsome.

LOL i wasnt being sarcastic but i have to admit that Twiszted1's reply was pretty funny! Maybe i missed that, part of what Prudens was saying... Let's see what he has to say!

It sounds to me that he's in the point of no return already. The dreaded "friends zone". I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

But anyway. What buying signals did you get from this girl? how did you know that she really likes you?

Number one you look for is:

Touching, how often does she touch you?
Does she compliment you?
Did she ask you questions about yourself?

Last edited:
Those last three things usually are not the signals to look for btw, not generally anyway. She might feel intimitated by liking you and will thus try to act as normal as possible.

Yes, she may feel shy around him but she would still touch him. And I don't mean major touching, what I mean is those slight, seemingly innocent touches, like her elbow brushing up against his, and some more..even if she touches you once, touching is always the number one a guy should look for at least in the beginning.

Last edited:
Yes, she may feel shy around him but she would still touch him. And I don't mean major touching, what I mean is those slight, seemingly innocent touches, like her elbow brushing up against his, and some more..even if she touches you once, touching is always the number one a guy should look for at least in the beginning.

:\ None of the signs you mentioned, because I don't have classes with her. And she don't touch anyone...

but she asks a lot of questions to me, not many about me, but often like "how's econ?" -- not a course for sophmores, but if I remember correctly,.. back in physics class in freshman year, I told her I was going to take economics, i guess she followed. but we have it in different schedules.

and other questions might be: "are you coming to my potluck? you can show me how to do. ..."

"my computer have a virus, ... how do i..."

"... but if it won't work, my daddy will buy me a new one."

... and btw, i don't know why she always say that last line..., her father is rich, but i doubt he would buy a new $2000 computer because of a small virus for her.

Addition: Oh, and, remember I said she blocked me on AIM because another "sicko" was messaging her with my name... Although I didn't know him, but she thought that guy was me... She acted real mad and blcoked me on AIM. But when I talk to her in school, I said it wasn't me, and she said: "I knew it wasn't you." and acted fine...

she unblocked me, and one day I blocked her by accident, then she msged me with another SN and asked me to unblock her... she told me her old sn was being hacked,... then next day at school, she sounded like her old sn was never being hacked... sounds like her sn has never being hacked to me... just another excuse to msg me.

Last edited:
During school tomorrow, how about you give her a nice smile in the hall... Then tomorrow night, start to make your move... Say somethin' like " I saw how beautiful you looked today , that I couldn't help but smiling".. or if you have a class with her ask her over to do some homework... study dates always work well with me ;)

but she asks a lot of questions to me, not many about me, but often like "how's econ?" -- not a course for sophmores, but if I remember correctly,.. back in physics class in freshman year, I told her I was going to take economics, i guess she followed. but we have it in different schedules.

and other questions might be: "are you coming to my potluck? you can show me how to do. ..."

"my computer have a virus, ... how do i..."

"... but if it won't work, my daddy will buy me a new one."

... and btw, i don't know why she always say that last line..., her father is rich, but i doubt he would buy a new $2000 computer because of a small virus for her.

Addition: Oh, and, remember I said she blocked me on AIM because another "sicko" was messaging her with my name... Although I didn't know him, but she thought that guy was me... She acted real mad and blcoked me on AIM. But when I talk to her in school, I said it wasn't me, and she said: "I knew it wasn't you." and acted fine...

she unblocked me, and one day I blocked her by accident, then she msged me with another SN and asked me to unblock her... she told me her old sn was being hacked,... then next day at school, she sounded like her old sn was never being hacked... sounds like her sn has never being hacked to me... just another excuse to msg me.

Do you have some other prospects? there must be plenty of other cute girls in your school.
Looking at the evidence that you gave me, she's not interested anymore. You've mentioned before how she ask your friend for your number, that is way, way back. Her interest in you have dropped tremendously..since then.

And regarding the Instant Message thing, you spend too much time talking to her online before you even had any date with her, this is something you should fix on the next girl.
Ask for her home number then just set up the date. That's it. Don't spend the next hour or so chatting with her on the phone or Online like one of her Girlfriends.

Last edited:
I think she's mad at me now because I was talking to a close friend of hers...:\

Touching or not touching doesn't mean anything one way or the other - some people are more comfortable touching people in public than others.

Im talking only in the context of a woman liking a guy.

Im talking only in the context of a woman liking a guy.
I would be very shy about touching a guy who I like, any guy for that matter :P unless there already is a close relationship like a friendship which creates the opportunity to behave in such a way.

Really, I think the touching thing is nonsense if you only occasionally meet in the hallway. You can look at body language though. Positioning of the feet, hand movements (is she touching her hair/face a lot when you talk to her?), or when you are sitting at the table: is she leading in towards you? Does she play with her hair? Are her arms crossed? Is her head supported by her hand and how. Does she look away a lot when you talk to her. If you are sitting with her for lunch, do you notice that you are sitting in the same positions with your arms/hands/etc. Does she smile a lot when you talk to her.

Again, communication is more than just words.