Extensive Organic Chemistry Database

In summary, Rui Monteiro, a Chemical Engineering student from Portugal, shared a link to an Organic Chemistry Database that he created, which includes both organic and inorganic compounds and allows users to search by name, formula, reaction, and more. The database also has features such as IR, MS, and UV/Vis spectra, as well as reactions and ion energetics. Rui hopes that others will find the database useful and encourages them to share other useful chemistry related links. Another suggested site is chemfinder.com.
RuiMonteiro
Hi there! This is my first post here, so a short introduction: my name is Rui Monteiro and i´m a Chemical Engineering student in Portugal, i´m 19. (btw, anyone from Portugal?)

So, what brings me here:
I came up with this Organic Chemistry Database (with a few inorganic compounds there too), which has almost everything. You can search by name, formula, reaction or whatever, plus you can choose what you want to see: IR, MS and UV/Vis. spectrum (missing RMN spectrum there), reactions, ion energetics...
I´ve been looking for this type of database for a long time, i hope you guys enjoy taking a look at all the features and eventually use it :)

Here is the link:

Organic Chemistry Database

I hope this wasn´t posted here before, if it was, i´m truly sorry then.

Rui.

(had to edit this, forgot to add the link lol)

Last edited:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Welcome Rui!

Thank you for posting that link! If you have got any other usefull links related to Chemistry, please post them. When there are enough we could create a Chemistry resource page

You came up with an NIST database, eh?

Perhaps your school in Portugal has purchased access to SciFinder Scholar?

You´re welcome Monique! :)

My faculty has access to SciFinder Scholar i think, but i found this link at yahoo.com.

Rui.

another good site

I found a really good site with a large data base (and its free)

www.chemfinder.com

1. What is an Extensive Organic Chemistry Database?

An Extensive Organic Chemistry Database is a collection of data and information related to organic chemistry, including chemical structures, properties, reactions, and other related data.

2. Who uses an Extensive Organic Chemistry Database?

An Extensive Organic Chemistry Database is used by researchers, chemists, and other professionals in the field of organic chemistry to access and analyze chemical data and information for their work.

3. What types of data are included in an Extensive Organic Chemistry Database?

An Extensive Organic Chemistry Database typically includes data on chemical structures, properties, spectra, reactions, and other related information for various organic compounds and molecules.

4. How is an Extensive Organic Chemistry Database different from a regular chemistry database?

An Extensive Organic Chemistry Database focuses specifically on organic compounds and molecules, while a regular chemistry database may include a wider range of chemical data, such as inorganic compounds and materials.

5. How can an Extensive Organic Chemistry Database benefit researchers?

An Extensive Organic Chemistry Database can provide researchers with easy access to a wide range of chemical data and information, allowing them to quickly and efficiently analyze and compare different compounds and make informed decisions in their research.