Polytechnic University - Brooklyn

• Schools
  • Thread starter Helical
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, NYU and Polytechnic are considering merging, which could potentially have both positive and negative impacts on students. Attending a private university like NYU may be more expensive, but there are potential benefits such as smaller class sizes and better job placement rates. Receiving a Dean's Application may also increase your chances of getting accepted and receiving scholarships.
Helical
I got an offer to apply here (undergrad) for free and I'm wondering if this is a good place for physics or if it would be any better than a state school (UW, WSU, other Washington schools) because it costs a LOT more. I really like that it's basically in NYC, I think that would be a pretty cool place to live. It sounds like NYU and Polytechnic are talking about merging; I'm not sure if it would be good or bad to go to a college which was going to merge with another while you were there? Also does anyone know if getting a "Deans Application" helps your chances of getting in and getting scholerships or if they just mail these out to random people? I didn't ever sign up for anything from this college or anything..

Thanks for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
It is difficult to say whether or not NYU and Polytechnic merging would be beneficial to you without knowing what the details of the merger are. Generally speaking, mergers between universities can lead to increased resources and opportunities for students, so it could be a positive thing.In terms of cost, it is likely that attending a private university like NYU would be more expensive than attending a state school like UW or WSU. However, there are several advantages to attending a private university. For example, private universities often have smaller class sizes, higher graduation rates, and better job placement rates, which may make up for the additional cost. As for the Dean's Application, it is possible that this institution may mail out these applications randomly, but it is also likely that they are sent to students who have expressed an interest in the school. If you do receive an application, it may be worth applying as it could increase your chances of getting accepted and receiving scholarships.

I cannot provide a personal opinion on which university would be a better fit for you. However, I can offer some general advice and information that may help you make your decision.

Firstly, it is important to thoroughly research and compare different universities before making a decision. Consider factors such as the quality of the physics program, faculty expertise and research opportunities, campus resources, and overall cost. It is also worth considering the location and its potential impact on your academic and personal experiences.

In terms of the potential merger between NYU and Polytechnic, it is difficult to say whether it would be beneficial or not for students. The outcome of the merger would depend on various factors such as the integration of programs and resources, and the potential changes in tuition and fees. It may be worth reaching out to the admissions office or current students at the university for more information on this topic.

As for the "Deans Application," it is best to contact the university directly to inquire about its purpose and how it may affect your chances of admission and scholarships. It is always a good idea to take advantage of any opportunities for scholarships or financial aid, but make sure to thoroughly research and understand the terms and conditions before committing to anything.

Ultimately, the decision of which university to attend should be based on your personal preferences, academic goals, and financial considerations. I wish you all the best in your decision-making process.

Related to Polytechnic University - Brooklyn

1. What programs does Polytechnic University - Brooklyn offer?

Polytechnic University - Brooklyn offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in engineering, technology, business, and the sciences. Some of the most popular programs include civil engineering, computer science, and electrical engineering.

2. Is Polytechnic University - Brooklyn a public or private institution?

Polytechnic University - Brooklyn is a private research university.

3. What is the student-to-faculty ratio at Polytechnic University - Brooklyn?

The student-to-faculty ratio at Polytechnic University - Brooklyn is 10:1, meaning that for every 10 students, there is 1 faculty member. This allows for smaller class sizes and more personalized instruction.

4. Does Polytechnic University - Brooklyn offer any online courses or degree programs?

Yes, Polytechnic University - Brooklyn offers online courses and degree programs in select fields. These online programs provide flexibility for students who may have other commitments and cannot attend classes on campus.

5. What is the acceptance rate at Polytechnic University - Brooklyn?

The acceptance rate at Polytechnic University - Brooklyn varies by program, but on average it is around 35%. The university is highly selective and looks for students with strong academic backgrounds and a passion for their chosen field of study.