Help Needed: Learn About Dimensions and Theories

• Thread starter hiitsnaz
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker expresses their lack of knowledge in physics, math, and science compared to others. They express an interest in learning about scientists who study dimensions and their theories, and seek help and opinions from others to see if their own ideas and thoughts are correct. The conversation then delves into a discussion about dimensions, space, and the universe, with different theories being mentioned. The speaker also mentions their belief in a never-ending continuum and the possibility of a new big bang in the future. The conversation ends with the speaker having to leave.
hiitsnaz
ok, well i don't know very much about physics, and I'm not quite sure i know much about math or science especially in comparison to you all.

anyhow, i love math only i would like to know about some scientist who study dimensions and their theories. i mean my ideas and thoughts may be cliche and i guess iw ould just like to know. because i think through all that i have been thinking about and trying to figure out, well you wouldn't understand the connection unless i wrote it all down and that would take ages so i guess i just want to ask you guys for help, your opinions or theories, so i can see if i have made any mistakes.

well to clarify i just want to know everything you know about demensions.

thanks for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is a number of dimensions, n.

Each and every one of them symbolise a direction in space.

(although the dimensions of an object
is it's length, height and width but not it's time)

The distance, d, between two object is the hypotenus of a
threedimensional
cube with length, width and height. We get that d2 = l2 + w2 + h2
using pythagoras rule.

If every point in the universe can be counted as an origo, the
universe is a net. Let's not forget that the net moves.

and the, ofcourse, what we see is things that have happened.

It takes time for the light to reach us.

ct = d

Einstein imagined that when ct was 0, d was 0, and that the universe
was a big baloon.

Hawkings imagine that there are many baloons.

I imagine that there is no baloon, and that the distance, d,
between two objects is constant (not counting the obvious).

I believe that the distance between two points can be written s + icts

That the expansion of the universe is an illusion;

that bigger and bigger units of mass are moving away from each other, driven by temperature,

allthough masses within the units are moving against each other and
high frequent energy is exitating the ether all the time, you could
say that it more or less dissappears.

It's clear that the first fact is a consequence of the second.

I believe that the universe is a neverending continuum and that every
point is an origo.

The universe is thereby a net. That moves.

That net can move either against or from a point, and that net always
move in the speed c.

that the net always have moved and always will move.

that the ether one day will fall back to a lower energy-level and create a new big bang. A new chaos will rise, from a pretty homogen ether. The neverending gas cloud of etherparticles can't ever form the same pathern twice. So the universe is a nonrepeating continuum.
as I thought.

Sorry! times up. got to go. Best wishes Erik-Olof Wallman

Last edited:

1. What are dimensions and theories?

Dimensions refer to the measurements or aspects of our physical reality, such as length, width, and height. Theories are explanations or models that attempt to understand and explain the functioning of our reality, often based on scientific evidence and observations.

2. Why is it important to learn about dimensions and theories?

Understanding dimensions and theories can help us make sense of the world around us and how it works. It can also lead to advancements in technology, medicine, and other fields by providing a deeper understanding of the laws and principles that govern our reality.

3. How many dimensions are there?

There are currently four known dimensions: length, width, height, and time. However, some theories propose the existence of additional dimensions, such as the string theory which suggests there may be 10 or 11 dimensions.

4. What is the most commonly accepted theory about dimensions?

The most commonly accepted theory about dimensions is the theory of relativity, proposed by Albert Einstein. It states that time and space are interconnected and that gravity is the result of the curvature of space-time caused by the presence of massive objects.

5. How can we visualize dimensions beyond the three we experience?

One way to visualize dimensions beyond the three we experience is through analogies and thought experiments. For example, we can imagine a 2D world as a flat sheet of paper, and a 3D world as a cube. Similarly, we can think of higher dimensions as layers or extensions of the 3D world, although they may be difficult for us to comprehend fully.