Poll: What Education Level Are You?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a poll that has received responses but no written comments. The speaker mentions being curious and bumps the thread multiple times. Another person asks for clarification on what bump means.

What is your current education level/status? (public poll)

• Total voters
Macgyver
If someone has already done this I apologize. I looked (briefly) but I didn't see one. And being that curiosity probably brought all of us here, i figured you would understand as I satiate mine for the moment.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here I was thinking nobody was responding to your poll, then discovered a bunch of people have responded, but not written anything. Then again, I guess there isn't much to say once you've clicked the right box.

Bump!

(because I am curious)

Soooo many undergrads! *rolls around* :eek: :eek: :eek:

Answers don't seem surprising.

dekoi said:
Bump!

(because I am curious)

(last) bump.

dekoi said:
(last) bump.

I don't get it. What is bump??

bump means you are replying just to move a thread to the topof the list, so that other people will see it and reply.

Related to Poll: What Education Level Are You?

What is the purpose of asking for education level in a poll?

The purpose of asking for education level in a poll is to gather information about the educational background of the participants. This can help to better understand the demographics of the respondents and to identify any potential biases in the results.

What are the options for education level in a poll?

The options for education level in a poll may vary, but commonly include: high school diploma or equivalent, some college or associate's degree, bachelor's degree, master's degree, and doctorate degree.

Can I choose more than one option for my education level in a poll?

It depends on the specific poll and its design. Some polls may allow participants to select multiple education levels if they have completed multiple degrees or are currently enrolled in a program. Others may only allow for one selection to be made.

Why is it important to include a "prefer not to answer" option for education level in a poll?

Including a "prefer not to answer" option allows participants to maintain their privacy and not feel pressured to disclose their education level if they do not feel comfortable doing so. It also helps to avoid any potential bias in the results if some participants choose not to answer.

How is the data from education level in a poll used?

The data from education level in a poll can be used for a variety of purposes, such as informing policy decisions, identifying trends and patterns among different demographics, and conducting further research. It can also be used to compare the results of the poll to national or global data on education levels.