Poll: Have you ever seen a UFO, alien or cosmic object?

• Thread starter Malexoin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Alien Poll
In summary: It looked like a long, thin rectangle with a blue light at one end and a white light at the other. It hovered stationary for about 5 minutes then slowly moved away.I saw a UFO when I was in ninth grade. It had a square shaped dome with an antenna and a saucer. I think it was a UFO because it looked very unusual and was hovering just two miles above the ground.In summary, I saw a UFO when I was in ninth grade. It had a square shaped dome with an antenna and a saucer. I think it was a UFO because it looked very unusual and was hovering just two miles above the ground.
Malexoin
Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Personally, I'm horrified at how many people seem to be claiming to have seen UFOs/other magical objects... the education system has really let people down.

What do they mean by "cosmic object?" Like the moon? I should hope that is 100%.

Malexoin said:
or terrestrial object.
I've seen one terrestrial object

ive seen many ufo's - so what? just because i can't translate what i saw does not make it 'special'.

I noticed it late one night,about ten years ago,when I was standing outside my house.It was very bright, orangey coloured and cigar shaped.It seemed to vibrate slightly about a fixed position and it occasionally fired out orange coloured streamers.The next night,when I was sober,it had changed into a street light.

Last edited:
I was asking if anyone has seen things like comets, asteroids or interstellar debris. I think I had seen a small rock through my telescope that would qualify as interstellar derbis. I saw a UFO when I was in ninth grade. It had a square shaped dome with an antenna and a saucer. I think it was a UFO because it looked very unusual and was hovering just two miles above the ground. It also resembled classic UFO claims. This was sighting occurred in northern Ohio.

One morning I was playing golf in New England, USA and I saw what looked to be a meteor streaming through the atmosphere. I saw it way off on the horizon as a fireball and within one minute it went over my head with a huge stream of smoke behind. At the time I was unsure if it would impact the ground and vaporize me, but it turned out to be a Russian satellite burning up.

Malexoin said:
I saw a UFO when I was in ninth grade. It had a square shaped dome with an antenna and a saucer. I think it was a UFO because it looked very unusual and was hovering just two miles above the ground.

As a 9th grader, how did you calculate the distance above the ground? Also, how did you make out the shape of the dome from that distance? If it's that far above you, one would think seeing the top of the object is difficult.

But, I'm still interested in what calculations you performed to determine the distance above the ground.

It may have been shorter than two miles. I was scootering near a mainroad, which was fairly distant from where I live. From where I stood detail could was very clear.

Related to Poll: Have you ever seen a UFO, alien or cosmic object?

1. What is a UFO?

A UFO, or Unidentified Flying Object, is any object or light seen in the sky that cannot be identified or explained by conventional means. This could include natural phenomena, man-made objects, or even potential extraterrestrial spacecraft.

2. How common are UFO sightings?

UFO sightings are relatively common, with thousands of reported sightings each year. However, the vast majority of these sightings are later explained as natural or man-made objects.

3. Have any UFO sightings been confirmed as extraterrestrial?

There is no conclusive evidence that any UFO sightings have been confirmed as extraterrestrial in origin. While some sightings may remain unexplained, there is currently no definitive proof of alien spacecraft visiting Earth.

4. What are some common explanations for UFO sightings?

Many UFO sightings can be explained as natural phenomena, such as meteors, ball lightning, or atmospheric anomalies. Others may be man-made objects, like airplanes or satellites, that appear unusual due to lighting or perspective. Some sightings may also be hoaxes or misidentified objects.

5. Has any scientific research been conducted on UFO sightings?

Yes, there have been numerous scientific studies on UFO sightings, with many focusing on the psychological and sociological factors that contribute to belief in UFOs. However, no conclusive evidence has been found to support the existence of extraterrestrial spacecraft visiting Earth.