Can anyone remeber a book like this?

• Thread starter false_prophet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation involved a book about transportation between distant worlds where a person's genetic information was sent ahead of time and they would be cloned or turned into a robotic version of themselves upon arrival. They could control this "clone" through a projection device until they needed to return. One person mentioned seeing a similar concept on an Outer Limits episode where the original person had to be killed.
false_prophet
ok can anyone actually remember what this book is...
but it had to do with transportion between distant worlds where your genetic information would be sent ahead of time and they would basically clone you, or it may have been create a robotic version of you (it's been years since I read this book)... then when you actaully wanted to arive they would hook your nervous system up to some kind of projection device and you could control this "clone" until you needed to return...
it really has been a while since I read this book... so any help would be greatly apprectiated

Physics news on Phys.org
No but I saw an Outer Limits episode the other night about a transportation device that cloned you at the other end and they had to kill the original.

Raavin

Originally posted by Raavin
No but I saw an Outer Limits episode the
other night about a transportation device
that cloned you at the other end and they
had to kill the original.
Not many volunteers for that one, I guess...

1. What is the book about?

The content and plot of the book will vary depending on the specific book being referenced. Without more specific details, it is difficult to provide a precise answer.

2. Who is the author of the book?

The author of the book will also vary and cannot be determined without more specific information about the book in question.

3. When was the book published?

The publication date of the book will vary and cannot be determined without more specific information about the book in question.

4. Is the book famous or well-known?

Without knowing the title or author of the book, it is difficult to determine its level of fame or recognition. Some books may be popular within certain genres or among certain groups of readers, while others may be more obscure.

5. Can you provide more details about the book?

Without knowing the specific details or elements of the book, it is difficult to provide more information. It may be helpful to provide specific details or descriptions of the book in order to receive more accurate responses.