Decoding the Controversial Theories of ram1024 on Physics Forums

• Thread starter ram2048
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Crackpot
In summary: Eventually he just gave up.In summary, this person has been twice "exiled" to theory development because of his theories which go against accepted science or haven't been peer reviewed yet. He displays common behaviors of crackpots, believing that his ideas frighten the establishment and that he is right simply because he has presented a new theory. He also fails to realize that merely presenting a new theory does not compel others to abandon the old theory.

Is ram1024 a crack-pot?

• Yes, what a moron.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Yes, his theory doesn't work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but he might be right...

• No, He seems to know what he's doing...

• Total voters
ram2048
for those of you who haven't been following the thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=23975

i have been twice exiled to theory development because of my theories scare people. Do you think I'm a crack-pot?

Physics news on Phys.org
You've been twice "exiled" to theory development because that is the correct place for theories which either go against current accepted science or haven't been peer reviewed yet.

Posting Rules

If you feel that you have better ideas then those taught at your local University please post your concepts in our Theory Development Forum.

The topics of the regular fora only cover current accepted sceince. It is that way because otherwise we'd have to either put up with "Pi=3", the "Earth is flat", or similar craziness in addition to pet theories, or just delete them all out of hand.

Be thankful for the theory development forum. Without it, your posts wouldn't have been "exiled", they would have probably been deleted.

Last edited:
In particular, you display this behaviors common to crackpots (disclaimer: I'm not asserting you have no other similarities to crackpot behavior!):

You believe that your ideas frighten the establishment.

You make up your own definitions for things, and subsequently act as if standard concepts conform to your definitions, instead of the standard ones.

You fail to realize that merely presenting a new theory does not invalidate an old theory.

You fail to realize that merely presenting a new theory does not compel others to abandon the old theory.

You use the term "logical" to mean something other than "deducible via the rules of logic".

You don't consider that the "establishment" may have actually considered your ideas already, and may have even developed them more than you have.

duly noted ;D

<who reads those 5 page disclaimers anyways? "blah blah you hit accept you're signing away your soul and the soul of any offspring you may possesses blah blah ... <tired> *accept* 'yay i can post...' <doorbell rings> <answers door> Satan: "we're here for the soul" 'whaaa?' Satan: "it's all right here in the contract" <takes soul> <leaves> ... 'hmm' ... 'yay i can post...'

You don't consider that the "establishment" may have actually considered your ideas already, and may have even developed them more than you have.

this is where you're wrong. if the "establishment" had already developed them, in the course of my 3 months and multiple forum postings someone would have said "hey this already exists <here> shut the hell up already"

so there you have it :D

It's ridiculous to expect someone to be familiar with all the ideas ever developed. Most of them are dead-end and never gain fame (or, more likely, infamy) beyond one or two people.

cookiemonster

Might I suggest that the questions I've been posing to you haven't been entirely random? :biggrin:

Yes, not only does his theory not work which is fine because at some point we all make mistakes even having thought on something for a while. However he does not listen to constructive comments showing where he has gone wrong, he assumes maths is wrong which is amazingly arrogant considering how long and how many have been involved in its progress. He will not listen to suggestions that he learns more maths so he actually understands what's involved and he doesn't and won't learn and refuses understand basic mathematical concepts.

cookiemonster said:
It's ridiculous to expect someone to be familiar with all the ideas ever developed. Most of them are dead-end and never gain fame (or, more likely, infamy) beyond one or two people.

cookiemonster
Very true, I had a friend who had come up with this very clever system of deriving imaginary and complex numbers from natural numbers. This made it more mathematically logical rather than just a pragmatical jump, but other than managing to get it published in a small corner of some vast mathematical website for a few years he never got anywhere with it.

Last edited:

What are the main controversial theories proposed by ram1024 on Physics Forums?

The main controversial theories proposed by ram1024 on Physics Forums include alternative models of gravity, the existence of parallel universes, and the concept of time travel.

What evidence does ram1024 provide to support these theories?

Ram1024 often presents mathematical equations, scientific research, and thought experiments to support their theories. They also encourage open-mindedness and critical thinking when considering the evidence.

How do other scientists and experts respond to ram1024's theories?

There is a mix of responses from other scientists and experts. Some may critique and challenge the theories, while others may offer support and further discussion. It is important to note that not all controversial theories are widely accepted in the scientific community.

What impact could ram1024's theories have on current scientific understanding?

If proven to be true, ram1024's theories could potentially revolutionize our understanding of the universe and lead to new discoveries in physics. However, until they are tested and widely accepted, their impact remains to be seen.

How does ram1024 respond to criticism and skepticism towards their theories?

Ram1024 responds to criticism and skepticism with open-mindedness and a willingness to engage in respectful and informative discussions. They also encourage others to do their own research and come to their own conclusions.