Please provide me top universities for MS in USA?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who graduated as an Electrical Engineer in 2013 and now wants to pursue a Master's degree in the USA. They ask for suggestions for the best universities for MS programs in the country and MIT, Stanford, and Berkeley are recommended. The conversation also mentions a list of top universities in the USA, including Princeton, Harvard, and Yale, but the person is concerned about the difficulty of getting into a PhD program after completing a Master's degree at a top school. It is also mentioned that MIT does not have a Master's program in EE, but Cal Poly SLO's program is recommended as a more realistic option for an above-average international student. The conversation ends with a comment about the limited availability
krishnaCon
Hello friends ,
I pass out in year 2013 as an Electrical Engineer. Now I want to continue my ms from USA. Please suggest me best Universities for MS Programs in USA so that I can apply for it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here are the list of top Universities in USA:

1.Princeton University

2.Harvard University

3.Yale University

4.Columbia University

5.Stanford University

6.University of Chicago

7.Massachusetts Institute of Technology

8.Duke University

9.University of Pennsylvania

10.California Institute of Technology

I looked myself at the opportunities to do an MSc in a UK/Canada/US top 20 school. Problem is, for most an MSc is what you get when you leave the PhD track prematurely.
I myself am in an 3 yr BSc 2 yr MSc place and I was looking at doing my MSc in a top school and then return for the PhD to my home country. Well, problem is that it doesn't usually work out as for pure science at top schools BSc -> PhD. and doing a normal PhD after a top school MSc is also said to be a waste.

I will add that MIT does not have a masters program in EE--only Ph.D.

A place with a good masters program that is a bit more realistic to a above average student from out of country would be Cal Poly SLO's masters program for electrical engineering. I know the head of the department, it is a good program and it focuses a bit of fiber optics.

vipul1 said:
Here are the list of top Universities in USA:

Not all of which even offer a EE degree at all, and not all of which offer a terminal MSEE. Which is why the obsession with rankings that one sees from certain parts of the world is just silly.

Related to Please provide me top universities for MS in USA?

What is the best university for MS in USA?

There is no single "best" university for MS in USA, as different universities have different strengths and specialties. Some top universities for MS in USA include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, and University of California, Berkeley.

What factors should I consider when choosing a university for MS in USA?

When choosing a university for MS in USA, it is important to consider factors such as the program's reputation, faculty members, research opportunities, location, financial aid options, and career services.

How do I apply to top universities for MS in USA?

The application process for MS programs in USA varies by university, but generally it involves submitting an online application, transcripts, letters of recommendation, standardized test scores (such as GRE or GMAT), and a personal statement. Some universities may also require a resume or portfolio.

What are the admission requirements for top universities for MS in USA?

The admission requirements for MS programs in USA vary by university, but generally they include a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, a competitive GPA, strong letters of recommendation, and satisfactory scores on standardized tests such as GRE or GMAT.

What are the job prospects after completing an MS program from a top university in USA?

The job prospects after completing an MS program from a top university in USA are generally very good, as these universities have a strong reputation and offer excellent education and research opportunities. Graduates from top universities in USA are highly sought after by employers and have a high chance of securing well-paying jobs in their field of study.