Plasma Multipactor by Gene Meeks: Self-Sustaining Power Device?

• Thread starter p75213
  • Start date
  • Tags
    plasma
In summary, the conversation discusses a patent for a plasma multipactor created by Gene Meeks, who worked with Philo Farnsworth on a small nuclear fusion device. The multipactor is designed to protect radar receivers from overload, utilizing electron emission and an ionized gas under high pressure. It is not meant to be an over-unity power device, but rather to waste power and prevent damage to the receiver. The topic of over unity and perpetual motion machines is also mentioned, with the possibility of the thread being closed for moderation.
p75213
I have been reading a patent by Gene Meeks of a plasma multipactor. Meeks was the right hand man of Philo Farnsworth the "father of television" and worked with him on the 'fusor' - a small nuclear fusion device. Meeks's multipactor appears to be a self sustaining over unity power device utilising electron emission and an easily ionised gas under high pressure.

Can anybody more qualified give an opinion?

http://www.google.com/patents/US3621454#classifications

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Not really my field but as I understand it multipactors are used to protect radar receivers from overload. It's only the electron emission that's over unity a bit like a photo multiplier I suppose. It's not some sort of over-unity power device, on the contrary it's designed to waste power and stop it damaging the receiver.

See..
http://www.cpii.com/docs/related/4/Multipactor a.pdf

PS: Over unity and perpetual motion machines are banned topics so this thread might be closed. Perhaps the moderators could wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to reply first.

Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

Related to Plasma Multipactor by Gene Meeks: Self-Sustaining Power Device?

1. What is Plasma Multipactor by Gene Meeks?

Plasma Multipactor by Gene Meeks is a self-sustaining power device that uses a combination of plasma and electromagnetic fields to generate and amplify energy.

2. How does Plasma Multipactor work?

Plasma Multipactor works by using a process called multipaction, where electrons are released from a cathode and accelerated through a vacuum to a collector, creating a flow of energy.

3. What is the potential of Plasma Multipactor as a power source?

Plasma Multipactor has the potential to be a highly efficient and sustainable power source, capable of producing large amounts of energy at a low cost.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks or limitations to Plasma Multipactor?

Like any emerging technology, there are still limitations and challenges that need to be addressed with Plasma Multipactor, such as controlling the plasma and maintaining its stability.

5. Has Plasma Multipactor been tested and proven to work?

Yes, there have been numerous successful experiments and demonstrations of Plasma Multipactor, including a prototype created by Gene Meeks that was able to power a small motor.