Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pity this site never really got going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fermat

Nov 3, 2013
Site seems fairly dead still, especially when compared to MHF.

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012
Ignoring the fact that I'm an Ad for MHF I see nothing wrong with this site. MHB tends to get the more advanced Math topics than MHF. It's a bit like comparing apples and oranges. I think there is nothing wrong with the site here. (And due respect to the valiant efforts of the staff. They really are awesome.

(And MHF has a lot more spam...)

-Dan

HallsofIvy

MHB Math Helper
Jan 29, 2012

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Most of the sites with which we compete were already around longer than we've been around now when we got started. It's very difficult to compete under those circumstances, perhaps a great deal more difficult than any of us could have imagined at first. We knew it would be an uphill climb, and all we can do is try to continue to distinguish ourselves from our competitors, and continue to strive for excellence. (Yes)

Joppy

MHB Math Helper
Mar 17, 2016
Dang. Now i have 4 forum sites to browse for eternity on.

EDIT: The colors seem very washed out on MHF... I can barely read the thread titles...

Greg Bernhardt

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2012
MHF along with their sister sites PHF and CHF are total rubbish. Very low quality. Poor leadership and zero inspiration. MHB is light years ahead.

skeeter

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
MHF along with their sister sites PHF and CHF are total rubbish. Very low quality. Poor leadership and zero inspiration. MHB is light years ahead.
"rubbish", huh? ... we talking websites or American politics?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Always a pleasure to have you, Fermat. :)

Thank you to all for the nice comments. I agree it would be nice to have more traffic but until that happens we'll stick to the highest quality we can collectively make. I couldn't be prouder of this team and the work we've done.

Fermat

Nov 3, 2013
Always a pleasure to have you, Fermat. :)

Thank you to all for the nice comments. I agree it would be nice to have more traffic but until that happens we'll stick to the highest quality we can collectively make. I couldn't be prouder of this team and the work we've done.
You're lucky I'm British so I can handle sarcasm. If helpers posts are deleted I'm not surprised there is low traffic. People giving up there time voluntarily and their time is wasted. Yeah full solutions are sometimes wrong but please not this high handed approach. It turns helper and those looking for help away from here.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I don't believe you are trying to provide feedback or constructive criticism in good faith, especially given your posting history of this sort, so am closing this topic. Your point about how a website should be run is made and I encourage you to make one of your own or find a site that suits your needs if ours isn't what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.