@physicsforums email addresses?

• Thread starter tiny-tim
  • Start date
In summary, some members were discussing the possibility of having a personal email address through PhysicsForums. One member shared a link to a registration page for an email service and advised others to access their account through the quick links drop down box. However, another member expressed concerns about using the service and mentioned trying to ditch their current email provider. It was clarified that the email addresses are not directly handled by PhysicsForums, but the domain's MX record is redirected to the email service.
tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
would it be possible for members to have a physicsforums personal email address?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mine is working. Try registering here.

http://physicsforums.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl

To access your account simply click the *check PF mail* in the quick links drop down box at the top right of the page.

Hi Evo! :smile:
Evo said:
Mine is working. Try registering here.

http://physicsforums.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl

Thanks. :smile:

I've now registered there (and logged out and logged in again from that page, to check), but I can't access it from the quick link …
To access your account simply click the *check PF mail* in the quick links drop down box at the top right of the page.

… which seems to be a totally different "WindowsLive" hotmail system. :confused:

Also, I can't find out how to configure my email software to access it. :confused:

(but I suppose I can bookmark the address you gave)

So these emails addresses aren't handled by PF then?

jarednjames said:
So these emails addresses aren't handled by PF then?

No, we just redirect the domain's MX record to that service.

Greg Bernhardt said:
No, we just redirect the domain's MX record to that service.

Hmm, I like the idea of a PF email but I'm trying to ditch the hotmail (live) side of things. Especially with the number of accounts being hacked recently.

Related to @physicsforums email addresses?

1. What is an "@physicsforums email address?"

An "@physicsforums email address" is an email address that uses the domain name "@physicsforums.com". This email address is associated with the Physics Forums website, a platform for discussing and asking questions related to physics and other sciences.

2. How do I get an "@physicsforums email address?"

In order to get an "@physicsforums email address", you must first create an account on the Physics Forums website. Once you have an account, you can navigate to the "Edit Email Address" section of your account settings and choose to create an "@physicsforums email address".

3. Is there a cost for having an "@physicsforums email address?"

No, there is no cost for having an "@physicsforums email address". Creating an account on the Physics Forums website, as well as obtaining an "@physicsforums email address", is completely free.

4. Can I use my "@physicsforums email address" for professional purposes?

Yes, you can use your "@physicsforums email address" for professional purposes. However, it is recommended to have a separate email address specifically for professional use.

5. How do I access my "@physicsforums email address?"

You can access your "@physicsforums email address" by logging into your Physics Forums account and clicking on the "Mail" tab. From there, you can read and send emails using your "@physicsforums email address". You can also choose to forward emails from your "@physicsforums email address" to another email account for convenience.