Physics Forums 4.0 is coming - what if

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the new design for Physics Forum 3.0 and includes comments on its features and layout. The participants also mention their excitement for the new changes and share their preferences for the old design. There is also a brief mention of a tagging feature for users to notify each other in posts.
Borek
Mentor
...it doesn't get up, ever... well, it was nice to meet you.

Har har har.

Physics news on Phys.org
You are my final screen cap for PF 3.0 Borek.

It's eerily quiet.

6281229.jpg

Lol!

Do you think it will be this quiet after the switch? I can't wait to see the new toys. The test site really didn't give you the whole enchilada.

Hehe, now that looks good!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Hobbits_feasting.jpe

Greg! I thought what happens in the Mentor Lounge stays in the Mentor Lounge!

Likes TumblingDice
Borek said:
...it doesn't get up, ever... well, it was nice to meet you.

Har har har.
Proved wrong - the joke's on you! ;)

Well, it will be still nice to deal with you :)

I like most of the new design. Finally I can have avatar picture (I hope this is a feature, not a bug :) )

The only thing I don't like is the pop up upper menu. It would be better if the window of the menu opens only if I click on it, not when I go with a cursor over it. It is popping up quite randomly now.

By the way what means this message:
Member XY tagged you in a post in the thread Example thread. ?

SpiderET said:
Member XY tagged you in a post in the thread Example thread. ?

If you do @username, username will receive that message.

For example @SpiderET. You'll probably now receive a message saying that I tagged you in this thread.

Hi, all the new look for physics forum is awesome! But I still prefer the old design... The new one looks complicated ..

Likes samieee

Related to Physics Forums 4.0 is coming - what if

What is Physics Forums 4.0?

Physics Forums 4.0 is the latest version of the popular online forum for discussing physics and related topics. It offers a new and improved user interface, enhanced features, and a more streamlined experience for its users.

When will Physics Forums 4.0 be released?

The release date for Physics Forums 4.0 has not been announced yet. However, the development team is working hard to ensure a smooth transition to the new version and it is expected to be released in the near future.

What can we expect from Physics Forums 4.0?

Physics Forums 4.0 will have a fresh new look and feel, with improved navigation and search capabilities. It will also offer new features such as a personalized dashboard, advanced user profiles, and enhanced notification options. Additionally, the forum will be optimized for mobile devices, making it easier to access on-the-go.

Will my account and posts be transferred to Physics Forums 4.0?

Yes, all user accounts and posts from the current version of Physics Forums will be transferred to Physics Forums 4.0. This means that all your previous contributions and discussions will still be accessible on the new platform.

Can I still use Physics Forums as a guest?

Yes, Physics Forums 4.0 will still allow users to browse and read posts without creating an account. However, in order to participate in discussions and access all features, a user account will be required.