Physics A-Level/GCSE Lecturers

In summary: Your Name]In summary, Protech Training Services Ltd is currently seeking part-time Physics Lecturers for temporary assignments at North Hertfordshire College. The ideal candidate will have a relevant qualification and teaching experience, with industry experience being an advantage. The hourly rate, hours and days, and start date are to be confirmed. Interested candidates can apply by sending their CV or contacting PTS directly. All positions are on a temporary basis and comply with employment regulations. An enhanced CRB Disclosure check is required for all assignments.
samgavin
REF: PTNH136
TITLE: Physics Lecturers

Protech Training Services Ltd is a subsidiary recruitment company for North Hertfordshire College. We supply temporary Lecturers and Assessors in all areas of Further Education.

We are currently looking for GCSE and/or A-Level Physics Lecturers for part time assignments in Stevenage.

The ideal candidate will hold a relevant qualification and hold or be working towards a teaching qualification. Industry experience would be an advantage.

The hourly rate is to be confirmed, as are the hours and days. The start date for this assignment is September.

If you are interested in this position please send your CV via e-mail, or call us on 01462 42 42 41.

All positions that PTS advertise are on a temporary basis, but could be on-going.

Follow PTS on twitter for all the latest updates and vacancies - https://twitter.com/NHC_PTS

PTS promotes equal rights and is an employment business under The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Work is undertaken on a self-employed basis under contract with PTS. An enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure check is required for all PTS assignments. All positions advertised by PTS comply with the Agency Workers Regulations 2010.

Physics news on Phys.org

Dear Protech Training Services Ltd,

As a scientist with a background in physics, I am interested in the temporary Lecturer positions you have available at North Hertfordshire College. I hold a relevant qualification in physics and have experience in both industry and teaching. I am also currently working towards a teaching qualification.

I am intrigued by the opportunity to teach GCSE and/or A-Level physics and contribute to the education of students in Stevenage. I believe my industry experience will be an asset in providing real-world examples and applications to the subject matter. I am also excited about the potential for ongoing assignments with PTS, as well as the opportunity to work on a self-employed basis under contract.

I would appreciate more information about the hourly rate, hours and days, and start date for these assignments. I am also curious about the application process and any additional requirements, such as the enhanced CRB Disclosure check.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Related to Physics A-Level/GCSE Lecturers

1. What is the difference between A-Level and GCSE Physics?

A-Level Physics is a more advanced course that is typically taken by students in their last two years of high school, whereas GCSE Physics is usually taken in the earlier years. A-Level Physics covers a broader range of topics and goes into more depth compared to GCSE Physics.

2. What topics are usually covered in Physics A-Level/GCSE courses?

Both A-Level and GCSE Physics cover topics such as mechanics, electricity, waves, optics, and atomic and nuclear physics. However, A-Level Physics also includes more advanced topics such as quantum physics and astrophysics.

3. What qualifications do I need to become a Physics A-Level/GCSE lecturer?

To become a Physics A-Level/GCSE lecturer, you typically need a degree in Physics or a related field, such as engineering or astrophysics. Some institutions may also require a postgraduate degree or teaching qualifications.

4. Is teaching experience necessary to become a Physics A-Level/GCSE lecturer?

While teaching experience can be beneficial, it is not always necessary. Many institutions value subject knowledge and academic qualifications more than teaching experience. However, having some teaching experience, such as tutoring or leading workshops, can be helpful in securing a position as a lecturer.

5. What skills are important for a Physics A-Level/GCSE lecturer?

Apart from a deep understanding of Physics concepts, a Physics A-Level/GCSE lecturer should have excellent communication and presentation skills. They should also be able to engage and motivate students, have good organization and time-management skills, and be able to adapt to different learning styles and abilities.

Back