Photo Contest - The Reverse Alphabets(3/18-3/24)

In summary, the photo contest's theme is "The Reverse Alphabets," where participants must take photos representing each letter of the alphabet in reverse order. To submit an entry, participants can post their photo on social media with the designated hashtag and tag the contest host or submit via email. Multiple entries are allowed, but each must be unique. Winners will be chosen based on creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme by a panel of judges. Prizes may vary but typically include monetary rewards, gift cards, or photography-related products. The exact prizes will be announced before the submission deadline.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
The Reverse Alphabets

We had a fun contest a few weeks ago on the Alphabets. This week, the contest will be the same, except that we will run the Alphabets in reverse! So the first letter to start this contest will be a ... "Z"! My favorite letter! This will be followed by "Y", and then I'd love to see some "X"! And so on, and so on...

Please make sure you write the object in question with the relevant letter.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. The photo of the subject must be something that you took directly, not via in intermediary medium, and not taken by someone else. Unless otherwise noted, a photo of another photo, painting, print, etc. does not qualify.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread. Photos not meant for submission must not be posted in the contest thread. Posting of more than one photos by a member may result in an automatic disqualification from the week's contest.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Zippo® lighters

2017.03.18.pf.photo.z.to.a.zippo.png

Likes AlexCaledin and mfb
Yellowstone lake
13_West Thumb rust.JPG

Likes BillTre and DennisN
X-axis?

The Greek letter is a Xi, by the way.

xaxis.jpg

Likes davenn
W is for Water
DSCN2215.JPG

Zz.

Likes phinds and AlexCaledin
Volcano

upload_2017-3-19_15-19-49.png

Dave

Likes DennisN, zoobyshoe and fresh_42
Udder

marzena_Reverse_Alphabets.jpg

Likes zoobyshoe, DrClaude, AlexCaledin and 1 other person
My Tablet (with Mr. Tumnus on the screen):

8FnHh.jpg

My Shoes/Sneakers. Probably a photo mistake...
33408315351_4ca107259c_z.jpg

Likes AlexCaledin
Rocks
Rocks.jpg

Likes BillTre, zoobyshoe, davenn and 4 others
Puddle
DuckDinoPuddle_zps9k7ppu2o.jpg

Likes DrClaude, AlexCaledin and DennisN
O is for Olympic forest:
20160627-IMG_1230_1.jpg

Likes Fervent Freyja, zoobyshoe, OmCheeto and 2 others
Neandertal Nerd:
NeandertalNerd_zpsms7auyz3.jpg

Likes DennisN
Final day to submit your photo for this contest. We seem to be stuck at the letter "M" right now. No Mongoose, or Mangosteen, or Maple Tree, or even Maps?

Zz.

Multirotor beer case.

marcin_reverse_alphabet.jpg

(Actually it is a quite powerful drone. The case contains 24 0.5 L bottles and weighs around 18 kg, if memory serves me well drone alone is around 12 kg.)

Likes AlexCaledin, davenn, Algr and 4 others
More than half the alphabet is done!

Borek said:
(Actually it is a quite powerful drone. The case contains 24 0.5 L bottles and weighs around 18 kg, if memory serves me well drone alone is around 12 kg.)

The way all beer should be delivered ! :)

Lunar Eclipse of September 2015

LunarEclipse sept2015.jpg

Likes AlexCaledin and DennisN
jim hardy said:
Lunar Eclipse of September 2015

The contest ended midnight last night, and the polling thread has been posted.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
The contest ended midnight last night, and the polling thread has been posted.
A Big Ten OOPS !

Likes AlexCaledin

1. What is the theme of the photo contest?

The theme of the photo contest is "The Reverse Alphabets." Participants are encouraged to take photos of objects, scenes, or people that represent each letter of the alphabet in reverse order (from Z to A).

2. How do I submit my entry for the photo contest?

To submit your entry, simply post your photo on social media (Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook) with the hashtag #ReverseAlphabets and tag the contest host. You can also submit your photo through email to the designated email address provided by the contest host.

3. Can I submit multiple entries for the photo contest?

Yes, participants are allowed to submit multiple entries for the photo contest. However, each entry must be unique and not a duplicate of a previous submission.

4. How will the winners be selected for the photo contest?

The winners will be selected based on the creativity, originality, and adherence to the theme of "The Reverse Alphabets." A panel of judges will review all submissions and select the top entries as winners.

5. What are the prizes for the photo contest?

The prizes for the photo contest may vary, but typically include monetary rewards, gift cards, or photography-related products. The exact prizes will be announced by the contest host before the submission deadline.