What Color is Caca/Feces Before it Exits the Body?

• Thread starter Dx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Color
I know. I'm a big baby.In summary, the conversation revolves around the color of feces and blood, as well as the necessity of colonoscopies. The participants exchange humorous anecdotes and share their knowledge on the subject.
Dx
Does anyone know what color is caca/fecis before it leaves our digestive tract and enters the anus? I thought it was so funny when my wife told me.

Biology news on Phys.org
You two must exchange some pretty fvcked up dialogue...

Why am I suddenly thinking about Marla Singer and Tyler Durden?

eNtRopY

Originally posted by eNtRopY
You two must exchange some pretty fvcked up dialogue...

eNtRopY

Its not like that we both work in the hospital so we see a lot of sh*t. If you think that's bad wait till your forty and you get a scope up the pooper dude. that's fvcked up!

LOL! but didn't jack (or whatever his name was) have to transmit messages in between them?

Originally posted by Dx
If you think that's bad wait till your forty and you get a scope up the pooper dude. that's fvcked up!

Remind me to go vegan before that happens.

eNtRopY

Originally posted by maximus
LOL! but didn't jack (or whatever his name was) have to transmit messages in between them?

Sure he did, but in the book (I just read it last weekend) Marla and Tyler were constantly calling each other human waste and other classy obsenities.

eNtRopY

Sure he did, but in the book (I just read it last weekend) Marla and Tyler were constantly calling each other human waste and other classy obsenities.

eNtRopY

i read the book a while back and if i remember correctly this is one of the very few times that the movie was better than the book.

Originally posted by Dx
Does anyone know what color is caca/fecis before it leaves our digestive tract and enters the anus? I thought it was so funny when my wife told me.

As I read this you know the answer. So what is the answer? I really don't want to think about this anymore. :wink:

I will guess yellow and green.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
As I read this you know the answer. So what is the answer? I really don't want to think about this anymore. :wink:

I will guess yellow and green.
Good guess, its yellow inside your colon but as it exits due to lack of water it changes color to what we know of it today. by the way, as we reach 40yrs old everyone should have a colonoscopy don't for early signs of cancer and its sometimes good to have your colon flushed if your doctor thinks it may be causing you to be fatigued.

Just some FYI type stuff, i found it interesting. kinda like blood. what color is it really?
Dx

Originally posted by Dx
Just some FYI type stuff, i found it interesting. kinda like blood. what color is it really?
Dx

it comes in shades of red from the well known blood red to a darker magenta color. the playground idea that blood is blue until it touches oxygen holds little water. it is a purpler shade in the viens that lead into the heart because the oxygen has been saturated, but at no point is it actually blue.

just FYI...

Originally posted by maximus
it comes in shades of red from the well known blood red to a darker magenta color. the playground idea that blood is blue until it touches oxygen holds little water. it is a purpler shade in the viens that lead into the heart because the oxygen has been saturated, but at no point is it actually blue.

just FYI...

Good show Max!:wink:

Originally posted by Dx
by the way, as we reach 40yrs old everyone should have a colonoscopy

no no no no no no no no! I know.

1. What causes the color of caca/feces to vary?

The color of caca/feces can vary due to several factors, such as diet, hydration levels, and medications. Certain foods, such as beets or green leafy vegetables, can cause a change in color. Dehydration can also lead to darker colored feces, while certain medications can cause lighter or darker shades.

2. Is there a normal color for caca/feces?

Yes, a normal color for feces is usually brown, ranging from light to dark shades. This is due to the breakdown of bile in the digestive system. However, as mentioned before, slight variations in color can be normal depending on diet and hydration levels.

3. Can caca/feces be a sign of a health issue?

Yes, changes in the color of feces can sometimes be a sign of a health issue. If you notice any significant changes in color, especially if accompanied by other symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor. Red or black colored feces can indicate bleeding in the digestive tract, and pale or gray colored feces can be a sign of liver or gallbladder problems.

4. Can caca/feces change color due to a stomach virus or infection?

Yes, a stomach virus or infection can cause changes in the color of feces. This is often due to inflammation in the digestive tract, which can affect the breakdown of bile and result in lighter colored feces. However, if the color of feces remains abnormal for an extended period or is accompanied by other symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor.

5. Is there a way to prevent changes in the color of caca/feces?

In most cases, changes in the color of feces are temporary and not a cause for concern. However, maintaining a healthy and balanced diet, staying hydrated, and avoiding certain medications or substances can help prevent drastic changes in color. If you have any concerns or notice persistent changes in color, it is best to consult a doctor for further evaluation.