Phasing 2 Electrons' Wavefunctions

In summary, OP asked a question about how to mathematically represent 2 phased electrons. This thread has been filled with experts who have provided their best answers but the OP has not been able to understand or answer the questions himself. It is time for the thread to end and the OP to move on to more relevant questions.
Pwestchester
Can anyone tell me how to mathematically represent 2 phased electrons mathematically?
Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "2 phased electrons"?

Magnetically phase one electron behind another. To create a new wave function.

Well, that cleared things up!

Great, so you can help?

phase (transitive verb)
  1. to adjust so as to be in a synchronized condition
  2. to conduct or carry out by planned phases
  3. to introduce in stages —usually used with in : eg phase in new models
I can't even tell which meaning you intend.

Phase the waves together. I'm not sure how you want me to explain this.

Pwestchester said:
I'm not sure how you want me to explain this.

The onus is not on us to read your mind and figure out what you mean. The onus is on you to clearly explain what you are asking. Since you are asking this as an A-level, i.e. graduate, level you shouldn't have a difficult time at this.

A good rule of thumb is to put at least as much effort into asking the question as you expect us to put in answering it.

You have at least two particle physicists here (plus whoever else read the thread and didn't post) and we both can't understand what you are asking.
It looks like you have some misconceptions about quantum mechanics, but based on your description it is difficult to tell where they are.

Likes berkeman
As a PS, try to write your question without using "phase" as a verb.

So what you are saying is you can't chain 2 electrons together to create a new wavefunction? Is this not what particle physicists do? Decombine and combine particles?
So what is this 2 phased electron composite wave?

No, what we are saying is that you have written something we don't understand. How you got that out of a bunch of questions like "what do you mean" is beyond me.

Ok well if you don't know what I'm talking about or what an electron is then why even bother commenting?

It looks like this thread has run its course and it’s time to thank everyone for contributing here. To the OP you’ve been given some good answers that you can now review and reflect upon and perhaps find the best answer to your questions.

Related to Phasing 2 Electrons' Wavefunctions

What is the concept of "phasing" in relation to electrons' wavefunctions?

The concept of "phasing" refers to the relative positions and orientations of two or more electron wavefunctions. This can affect the overall shape and behavior of the wavefunction, and can also impact the likelihood of electron interactions and reactions.

How do the spin states of electrons impact their wavefunctions?

The spin states of electrons can impact their wavefunctions by affecting the overall energy and orientation of the wavefunction. Electrons with opposite spin states will have different phasing and may exhibit different behaviors and interactions.

What are the factors that influence the phasing of electrons' wavefunctions?

There are several factors that can influence the phasing of electrons' wavefunctions, including the energy level of the electron, the presence of other nearby electrons, and the external environment or conditions in which the electron is located.

How does the concept of "superposition" relate to the phasing of electrons' wavefunctions?

The concept of "superposition" refers to the ability of electrons to exist in multiple states simultaneously. This can impact the phasing of their wavefunctions, as different states may have different phasing and can affect the overall behavior of the electron.

Why is understanding the phasing of electrons' wavefunctions important in scientific research?

Understanding the phasing of electrons' wavefunctions is important in scientific research because it can provide insights into the behavior and interactions of electrons, which are fundamental building blocks of matter. This knowledge can also help in the development of new technologies and materials.