PF Membership Inquiry: Unauthorized Payment Request

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a PF membership that was purchased for 6 years but the user has been billed for 2 additional years. The user suspects a technical glitch with PayPal and contacted Greg for clarification but did not receive a response. The issue was later resolved when Greg cancelled the subscription and refunded the user's money. The user thanks Greg for the prompt action.
Danger
Gold Member
This is an open letter to PF Administration.
A couple of years ago, I took up the offer of a 6-year PF membership for ($125?). Last year, I received an e-mail from PayPal which was essentially identical to the one following this writing. I PM'd Greg to check on what was happening, and never got a response. A couple of weeks ago, the enclosed e-mail arrived from PayPal. I have no reason to suspect any malfeasance on Greg's part; I suspect rather a technical glitch involving PayPal. I never authorized automatic withdrawal of any funds; I'm supposed to be billed for anything and then approve account accessibility. In this particular instance, I'm wondering why I've been billed for 2 years of PF membership which were already paid for.
Will someone please investigate this and get back to me? Since my PM box is still full, you can respond either here or on my private e-mail. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Very odd! PF subscriptions are NOT reoccurring. For whatever reason you were on a paypal subscription for your 1yr subscription. Perhaps in 06 I was messing with some settings and you had the unfortunate timing of signing up before I put the settings back to normal. I don't know. In any event, I've canceled the subscription and refunded your money. Sorry for the hassle.

No worries. Thanks for the prompt action. :smile:

1. What is PF Membership Inquiry: Unauthorized Payment Request?

PF Membership Inquiry: Unauthorized Payment Request is a service provided by the PF (Provident Fund) department to help members check the status of their account and any unauthorized payment requests made on their behalf.

2. How can I access PF Membership Inquiry: Unauthorized Payment Request?

You can access PF Membership Inquiry: Unauthorized Payment Request by visiting the official website of the PF department and logging in to your account with your credentials.

3. What information do I need to provide for a PF Membership Inquiry: Unauthorized Payment Request?

You will need to provide your PF number, employee ID, and any other details that may be required by the PF department to verify your account and unauthorized payment request.

4. Can I file a complaint if I find an unauthorized payment request on my PF account?

Yes, if you find an unauthorized payment request on your PF account, you can file a complaint with the PF department. They will investigate the issue and take necessary action to resolve it.

5. Is there a fee for using PF Membership Inquiry: Unauthorized Payment Request?

No, there is no fee for using PF Membership Inquiry: Unauthorized Payment Request. It is a free service provided by the PF department to its members.