Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Personal website math content help.

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
Hello MHB!

I want to create my personal website on google sites where I want to put some of my math stuff. One option is that I put links to the PDF's and if anybody wants to read it he/she will have to download it first. What I would prefer is the content appearing on the webpage itself.. just like we have in math forums or wordpress. It'd be great if I can simply copy paste the contents of my tex file and the output I get is a HTML page which has the same content the corresponding PDF to the tex file has.

How can I do this on google sites?

This may be a silly post but I am a total newbie at these things so please forgive me.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
This may be a silly post but I am a total newbie at these things so please forgive me.
A sincere question will never be treated as silly at MHB. This question, and the suggestions which may follow, will also help others to create their own math-related pages as well.

I bet someone here knows how to get you started. (Cool)

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hello MHB!

I want to create my personal website on google sites where I want to put some of my math stuff. One option is that I put links to the PDF's and if anybody wants to read it he/she will have to download it first. What I would prefer is the content appearing on the webpage itself.. just like we have in math forums or wordpress. It'd be great if I can simply copy paste the contents of my tex file and the output I get is a HTML page which has the same content the corresponding PDF to the tex file has.

How can I do this on google sites?

Hi caffeinemachine, :)

Click on the "Edit Page" tab. Then go to, Insert>More Gadgets. There's a gadget called iframe which you can use to embed a pdf(or any other supported file format) to the webpage. You can customize the iframe according to your needs and readers will be able to read the document within that iframe.

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
Hi caffeinemachine, :)

Click on the "Edit Page" tab. Then go to, Insert>More Gadgets. There's a gadget called iframe which you can use to embed a pdf(or any other supported file format) to the webpage. You can customize the iframe according to your needs and readers will be able to read the document within that iframe.
Thanks a ton Sudharaka!

I just tested it and it seems to do the job.

Thank you so much.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Thanks a ton Sudharaka!

I just tested it and it seems to do the job.

Thank you so much.
You are welcome, there might be other options also, for example creating the iframe through HTML coding perhaps.

For the HTML coding related to creating an iframe you might find >>this<< useful. And to insert custom HTML to Google sites you might want to read >>this<<.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what particular mathematical topics would you be writing on your site? I am sure it would be quite a nice and useful resource. :)

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
You are welcome, there might be other options also, for example creating the iframe through HTML coding perhaps.

For the HTML coding related to creating an iframe you might find >>this<< useful. And to insert custom HTML to Google sites you might want to read >>this<<.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what particular mathematical topics would you be writing on your site? I am sure it would be quite a nice and useful resource. :)
Thank you Sudharaka.

I'd be uploading my Notes and a few other things which I should disclose only after I am done with the process :). It will take about 10 more days. May be more.