Permission Denied: My Encounter with a Terrifying Website

• Bug
  • Thread starter Derek P
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person receiving a black and red notice on a website, causing them to question what they did wrong. They come to realize that it was just a mistake on their part and the site's way of trying to scare them. There is also mention of being a mentor and the consequences of clicking the wrong button. The conversation ends with a warning to not click the wrong button.
Derek P
I got a big notice in black and red telling me I don't have permission to visit the page. What terrible crime had I committed? Was it something I said? Did I fail to provide peer-reviewed references? Was I posting off-topic? Someone caught me trolling? Or, horror of horrors, did I upset a moderator?

Nah, none of those things, I'd duplicated a page and edited something before returning to the old page. The site didn't like that and decided to try to :dademyday:scare me to death.

Well Boo! to you too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Tom.G and ISamson
Physics news on Phys.org
Don't make the site mad :biggrin:

Likes BillTre and phinds
Derek P said:
The site didn't like that
Pffftttt! You have no idea. When you're a Mentor and you click the wrong button, all hell can break loose! :wideeyed:

https://nofilmschool.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_wide/public/2001.png?itok=5cdAffiY
2001.png

Attachments

• 2001.png
    2001.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 406
Likes BillTre and Derek P
Greg Bernhardt said:
Don't make the site mad :biggrin:
Too late. It's already insane :)

berkeman said:
When you're a Mentor...
No danger of that! :)

fresh_42 said:
I failed to reproduce this.
That's physics for you.

Black and red hey?, the essential lighting stuff of horror movies.
Though I noticed that lately there is a trend to using far blue as well.

berkeman said:
...and you click the wrong button...
Do NOT click the WRONG BUTTON !

OCR said:
Do NOT click the WRONG BUTTON !
Really? Where's the fun in that?

Related to Permission Denied: My Encounter with a Terrifying Website

1. What is "Permission Denied: My Encounter with a Terrifying Website" about?

"Permission Denied: My Encounter with a Terrifying Website" is a personal account of a scientist's experience with a dangerous and mysterious website that they stumbled upon while conducting research online.

2. Is this story based on a true event?

Yes, this story is based on a true event that happened to the scientist. The details and events have been slightly altered for storytelling purposes, but the overall experience is real.

3. What makes this website so terrifying?

The website in question is filled with disturbing images, cryptic messages, and strange codes. It also seems to have some sort of control over the scientist's computer, causing it to glitch and behave erratically.

4. Did the scientist ever figure out the purpose of the website?

No, the scientist was never able to fully understand the purpose of the website. However, through their research and investigation, they were able to uncover some disturbing theories and connections.

5. How did this encounter affect the scientist?

This encounter had a profound impact on the scientist, causing them to question their own beliefs and sanity. It also left them with a lingering fear and fascination with the unknown and the dangers of the internet.