Periodic Table Game Project: Find the Mystery Element!

In summary, the conversation is about a science project that involves creating a mystery game using elements from the periodic table. The player must use clues to figure out what element was stolen in the game scenario. The project is divided into four categories: periodic table clues, element clues, compounds and formulas, and families and groups. The final question involves using knowledge of the periodic table to identify the mystery element, which is radioactive and has 94 protons. However, there are some confusion about the categories and how the game will work.
actingbiz1
Periodic Table Game Project HELP!

I have a Science project due. I am a little gridlocked...
I would like to incorporate a mystery type game to this. What I have is the board and rules, but I need questions. 4 sets.

Story (For those who have completed GTA: San Andreas, you may recognize some of the scenarios):
In the vast deserts of Nevada, lies a top secret, government funded, military installation, that "doesn't exist." The installation goes by the code name Area-94

One day, an armed group parachuted in the area and snuck down to the testing chambers of the military installation where the scientists were working on a project code-named, The Black Project. This base housed a wide range of elements needed to make the Black Project succeed. The armed groups stole the key element to making this project work. Unfortunatly, the element is very leathal.

You must use clues given to figure out what element it was.

I have an idea of 4 categorys. If anyone can come up with better ones, please let me know!

Periodic Table CLues
Element Clues
Compounds and Formulas
Families and Groups

The Prize Question:
Use your knowledge of the Periodic Table to answer the following question.

The Mystery Element, is radioactive. It is located in Period 7.
This element has 94 protons.
What element is it?

Answer: Plutonium

The cards can be:
|----------------------------|
|Question: Bla blobs bla bla? |
|----------------------------|
|Answer: BLOBBYBLA! |
|_________________________|

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
PLEASE HELP! Please!? Please!

I don't quite get what you want... So are you asking help to give questions/clues that point to the answer "plutonium"? Or in another words, do you want information on "plutonium"?

No, the poster already has the info on plutonium. If I understand correctly, he/she wants us to come up with four sets of questions, in each of the four different categories, that would allow whoever is playing the game to deduce what the "mystery" element is. However, there are many things that don't make sense to me:

Don't your categories overlap? What's the difference between periodic table clues, and 'families and groups'? Families and groups are features of the periodic table. In fact, how would "element clues" differ from periodic table clues?

Also, why do you need four sets of questions just to figure out that the mystery element is plutonium, especially since you were able to come up with just one question (the 'prize question') that completely gives away the answer? What is the "prize" question anyway? I'm just a bit confused, so if you could explain more clearly what it is that you need, we'd be able to help. Thanks. :smile:

Lol, Well I have a game board I can use, and i was going to have the final question...but it just seems too difficult...

See our projects ae worth different points. Mystery games will get the most points, and card games get the lowest points.

I wanted to have a mystery elemen game. Having questions about the periodic table, then finaly a very hard question that would be answered with the knowledge you gained from playing the game... I already got some questions...if you want to read them let me know and ill copy paste them

Related to Periodic Table Game Project: Find the Mystery Element!

What is the purpose of the "Periodic Table Game Project: Find the Mystery Element!"?

The purpose of the game project is to help players learn and understand the periodic table of elements in a fun and interactive way.

How does the game work?

The game presents players with a mystery element and a set of clues. Players must use their knowledge of the periodic table and the given clues to identify the mystery element.

What age group is this game suitable for?

This game is suitable for all ages, but is primarily designed for middle school and high school students who are learning about the periodic table.

Can players play the game on any device?

Yes, the game is designed to be accessible on all devices including computers, tablets, and smartphones.

Is this game scientifically accurate?

Yes, the game is based on the actual periodic table of elements and all information and clues provided are scientifically accurate.