Periodic Complex exponential signal

In summary, the speaker is seeking help understanding a problem involving Euler's formula and values of w and T. They mention that they understand the periodicity when w=0, but need clarification on the case when w is not equal to zero. The responder suggests using Euler's formula to solve for values of wT where cos(wT)=1 and sin(wT)=0. After some back and forth, the speaker is able to understand the concept and thanks the responder for their help.
bibo_dvd
hello guys ..
first of all , iam not sure that i should type this thread here . so excuse me for that

in this problem i can understand the part until it's said that w=0 then x(t)=1, which is periodic for any value of T
but i can't understand the part after that in the case of w is not equal to zero
so help me with this please :)
Thx guys

MVHb9lE.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps Euler's formula will be of help:
$$
e^{i \omega_0 T} = \cos(\omega_0 T) + i \sin (\omega_0 T)
$$

okay , i know Euler's formula but i can't understand " wt=m*2*pi " or "T=m*(2pi/w) m=positive integer"

how did this part was given ??

You want ##
e^{i \omega_0 T} = \cos(\omega_0 T) + i \sin (\omega_0 T) = 1
##, meaning that ##\cos(\omega_0 T)=1## and ##\sin (\omega_0 T)=0##. What are the values of ##\omega_0 T## for which these equalities hold?

omg , now i understand , we need cos(wT) to be always 1 , so cos (2*pi) and (4*pi) and so on , yaaaayyyyy :D
Thx man for help :)

Related to Periodic Complex exponential signal

1. What is a Periodic Complex Exponential Signal?

A periodic complex exponential signal is a mathematical function that can be represented as Ae^(jt) where A is a complex number and t is time. This type of signal is commonly used in signal processing and can be seen in various applications such as communication systems, audio signals, and control systems.

2. How is a Periodic Complex Exponential Signal different from a Regular Exponential Signal?

A periodic complex exponential signal is different from a regular exponential signal because it repeats itself after a certain period of time. This means that the signal has a specific frequency and can be represented by a specific wavelength. On the other hand, a regular exponential signal does not have a specific frequency and can have different values at different points in time.

3. What is the Period of a Periodic Complex Exponential Signal?

The period of a periodic complex exponential signal is the amount of time it takes for the signal to repeat itself. It is usually denoted as T and is measured in seconds. The period can be calculated by taking the inverse of the frequency, which is the number of times the signal repeats itself per second.

4. How is the Frequency of a Periodic Complex Exponential Signal Calculated?

The frequency of a periodic complex exponential signal is calculated by taking the inverse of the period, which is the amount of time it takes for the signal to repeat itself. It is usually denoted as f and is measured in hertz (Hz). This frequency can be used to determine the wavelength of the signal.

5. What are the Applications of Periodic Complex Exponential Signals?

Periodic complex exponential signals have various applications in signal processing, including communication systems, audio signals, and control systems. They are also used in image processing, where they can be used to enhance image quality and remove noise. Additionally, these signals are used in mathematical modeling and analysis of dynamic systems.