Particle antiparticle collide, teleportation?

In summary: We can teleport one of these photons if we wish, but as should be clear from the wikipedia article, the word "teleport" is really quite unfortunate. We aren't moving any energy, we aren't moving the photon anywhere, all we're doing is complicated series of steps that eventually makes a photon somewhere else look a lot like our original photon.
FilipLand
Hi physicists!

When a particle and antiparticle collide, (annihilation) as i understand, it in some cases transform and radiate light, which I can buy. But what happen in the teleportation part, where the particle antiparticle pair accurs in an other part in the universe? Do someone have some concept that can explain this phenomenon?

Thanks in advance guys.

Physics news on Phys.org
FilipLand said:
But what happen in the teleportation part, where the particle antiparticle pair accurs in an other part in the universe?
In quantum teleportation, it is a quantum state that is teleported, not a particle. If you do it with massive particles, starting from three particles, you can transfer the state of particle 1 to particle 3 (via entanglement with particle 2). No particle gets destroyed in the process.

Likes bhobba
Thanks for your answer. So its a matter of quantum teleportation. Can one say that the new "teleported pair/quantum stage" gets the energy of the original paricle-antiparticle pair minus the energy of the photon that gets di-excitated at the location where the collide happen? And it is the rest energy that gets teleportated?

FilipLand said:
Thanks for your answer. So its a matter of quantum teleportation. Can one say that the new "teleported pair/quantum stage" gets the energy of the original paricle-antiparticle pair minus the energy of the photon that gets di-excitated at the location where the collide happen? And it is the rest energy that gets teleportated?

And how do one calculate on it? :)

FilipLand said:
So its a matter of quantum teleportation.
I didn't say that. I don't see what your scenario with particles/anti-particles has to do with quantum teleportation.
FilipLand said:
And it is the rest energy that gets teleportated?
Only quantum states can be teleported, not energy.

DrClaude said:
I didn't say that. I don't see what your scenario with particles/anti-particles has to do with quantum teleportation.
Only quantum states can be teleported, not energy.
Thanks. Did not you say it was a matter of quantum state teleportation? Is it the probability of where I might find the energy that get teleported? And if so, is it not the same thing as say the energy get "teleported"?

Any how, the question was what happen when a particle/anti-particle collide and get teleported.

As i understand it know from your description, the particle-antiparticle collide, a photon can be made. AND the quantum stage of the particle/Antiparticle pair get teleported? I found that very strange since then we create a photon from nothing, therefore my counterquestion was if the teleported particle/antiparticle pair gets have their original energy minus the energy of the photon? Or do I get this whole thing totally wrong in terms of perspective? :)

FilipLand said:
Or do I get this whole thing totally wrong in terms of perspective? :)
You do.

Have you read and understood the link that DrClaude posted back in post #2 of this thread?

Nugatory said:
You do.

Have you read and understood the link that DrClaude posted back in post #2 of this thread?
Yes! In some sense I got the concept of quantum stage teleportation. BUT, if i got it all wrong, what is it that happens during and after the collide, in a briefly summary, and in a complex description? Or is this a thing no one knows and that's why I can't find good information about it and can't even get the Phd. guys at the university to explain it?

FilipLand said:
Yes! In some sense I got the concept of quantum stage teleportation. BUT how if i got it all wrong, what is it that happens during and after the collide, in a briefly summary, and in a complex description? Or is this a thing no one knows and that's why I can't find good information about it and can't even get the Phd. guys at the university to explain it?
The collision between a particle and an antiparticle is completely unrelated to quantum teleportation.

The particles collide and they produce a pair of photons. Now we have a pair of photons just like any pair of entangled photons; that they came from a particle-antiparticle annihilation is pretty much irrelevant.

We can teleport one of these photons if we wish, but as should be clear from teh wikipedia article, the word "teleport" is really quite unfortunate. We aren't moving any energy, we aren't moving the photon anywhere, all we're doing is complicated series of steps that eventually makes a photon somewhere else look a lot like our original photon. (More formally, we've duplicated the state of the original photon, but all that means is that any measurement of any property of the new photon will produce the same result that a measurement of the old one would have given).

Ah okey, thanks for your answer! Now I have a clearer picture :)
Nugatory said:
The collision between a particle and an antiparticle is completely unrelated to quantum teleportation.

The particles collide and they produce a pair of photons. Now we have a pair of photons just like any pair of entangled photons; that they came from a particle-antiparticle annihilation is pretty much irrelevant.

We can teleport one of these photons if we wish, but as should be clear from teh wikipedia article, the word "teleport" is really quite unfortunate. We aren't moving any energy, we aren't moving the photon anywhere, all we're doing is complicated series of steps that eventually makes a photon somewhere else look a lot like our original photon. (More formally, we've duplicated the state of the original photon, but all that means is that any measurement of any property of the new photon will produce the same result that a measurement of the old one would have given).

Related to Particle antiparticle collide, teleportation?

1. What is particle antiparticle collision?

Particle antiparticle collision is a process in which a particle and its corresponding antiparticle come into contact and annihilate each other, releasing energy in the form of photons.

2. How does particle antiparticle collision result in teleportation?

Particle antiparticle collision does not directly result in teleportation. However, it is a fundamental principle in quantum teleportation, where the quantum state of a particle can be transferred to another particle through entanglement and measurement.

3. Can particle antiparticle collision be observed in everyday life?

No, particle antiparticle collision is not observable in everyday life. It occurs at the subatomic level and can only be observed using specialized equipment in high-energy physics experiments.

4. What are the potential applications of particle antiparticle collision and teleportation?

Particle antiparticle collision and teleportation have potential applications in quantum computing, secure communication, and quantum teleportation of information.

5. Is particle antiparticle collision and teleportation currently being researched?

Yes, particle antiparticle collision and teleportation are active areas of research in the field of quantum mechanics and high-energy physics. Scientists are constantly studying these phenomena and exploring their potential applications.