Partial Derivatives of x^2yz+3y-xcos(3yz): df/dx and df/dy Solutions

• Thread starter cabellos
  • Start date
In summary, "Please help me check this" is a request for someone to review and examine something, such as a document or project. To ask someone to check your work, you can say "Please help me check this" or "Can you review this for me?" It's important to be polite and specific when making this request. Having someone check your work is important because it can help identify mistakes and provide a fresh perspective. You can ask a colleague, friend, or family member to check your work, as long as they are knowledgeable and trusted. After someone checks your work, carefully review their feedback and make necessary changes, and express gratitude for their help.
cabellos
I have to find the 3 partial derrivatives of f(x,y,z) = x^2yz+3y-xcos(3yz)

I have solved for df/dx and df/dy and here are my solutions:

df/dx = 2xyz-cos3yz
df/dy = x^2z+3+3xzsin3yz

are these correct so i can continue with the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yup, they are!:smile:
Just treat the other variables as constants.

Yes, your solutions for df/dx and df/dy are correct. To verify, you can use the product rule and chain rule to take the partial derivatives and see that they match your solutions. Keep up the good work!

Related to Partial Derivatives of x^2yz+3y-xcos(3yz): df/dx and df/dy Solutions

What does "Please help me check this" mean?

"Please help me check this" is a request for someone to review and examine something. It could refer to a document, project, or any other form of work that the person needs help with.

How do I ask someone to check my work?

To ask someone to check your work, you can say "Please help me check this" or "Can you review this for me?". It's important to be polite and specific about what you need help with.

Why is it important to have someone check your work?

Having someone check your work can help identify any mistakes, errors, or areas that need improvement. It also provides an opportunity for a fresh set of eyes to catch any issues that you may have overlooked.

Who can I ask to check my work?

You can ask a colleague, friend, or family member to check your work. It's important to choose someone who is knowledgeable in the subject matter and who you trust to provide constructive feedback.

What should I do after someone checks my work?

After someone checks your work, it's important to carefully review their feedback and make any necessary changes or improvements. It's also a good idea to express gratitude for their help and offer to return the favor in the future.