Parameters in Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian

In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of effective communication in relationships and how it can lead to misunderstandings and conflicts. The speakers also mention the need for active listening and clear communication to avoid miscommunication. They emphasize the role of empathy and understanding in resolving conflicts and maintaining healthy relationships.
patric44
Homework Statement
how do I find the value of the mass parameter and the width of the potential well present in the Bohr-Mottelson Hamiltonian?
Relevant Equations
-hbar^2/2B
Hi all
I was reading a certain paper that involves solving the Bohr-Mottelson Hamiltonian for a 5dimential square well potential, the B-M Hamiltoian reads:
1676748237636.png

my question is just how do I calculate the mass parameter "B" for a certain nuclei, and with a 5D infinite potential well how do I get the width of the potential well?
I will appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
can any one suggest a paper or a book that address these points

1. What is the Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian?

The Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian is a mathematical framework used in nuclear physics to describe the collective behavior of atomic nuclei. It is based on the principles of quantum mechanics and takes into account the interactions between the nuclear particles.

2. What are parameters in the Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian?

Parameters in the Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian are numerical values that are used to describe the properties of the atomic nucleus, such as its shape, energy levels, and collective motion. These parameters are determined through experimental data and theoretical calculations.

3. How are parameters determined in the Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian?

Parameters in the Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian are determined through a combination of experimental data and theoretical calculations. Experimental data, such as energy spectra and transition probabilities, are used to constrain the parameters and make them consistent with observed nuclear properties.

4. What is the significance of the Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian in nuclear physics?

The Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian is a powerful tool in nuclear physics as it allows for a comprehensive understanding of the collective behavior of atomic nuclei. It has been successful in explaining a wide range of nuclear phenomena, including nuclear structure, shape transitions, and collective excitations.

5. Can the Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian be applied to all atomic nuclei?

No, the Bohr-Mottelson Collective Hamiltonian is not applicable to all atomic nuclei. It is most suitable for describing medium to heavy nuclei, where collective behavior is dominant. Light nuclei, on the other hand, require different theoretical approaches due to their quantum mechanical properties.