Reexamination of fundamental mathematical concepts

In summary, the conversation is about a theory that reexamines fundamental mathematical concepts and the speaker is asking the other person to read and understand it before giving their opinion. The theory uses an included-middle reasoning instead of the excluded-middle reasoning and provides links to further information for clarification. The conversation also mentions a document on the stratification of relations in the system.
Hi,

In the attached address ( http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/M_E.pdf ) you can find my reexamination of fundamental mathematical concepts.

Please read all of it before you air your view about it.

Thank you,

Physics news on Phys.org
Where is Matt Grime these days?

My thoughts... your theory fails by virture of its foundation.

To say that "x" defines "something" but also that "x" defines "nothing" renders further mathematical analysis under those conditions impossible.
It's much like my saying that "x" equals "1" but also equals "0" , so any equations using that standard can be multi-interpreted, thus rendering those equations invalid, pointless and of no use.

Last edited:
Hi pallidin,

Can you see beyond the 0 XOR 1 excluded-middle reasoning?

In this pdf I use an included-middle reasoning where x is a GENERAL notation for any concept.

If you try to force the excluded-middle reasoning on what is written in my pdf, then you don't give yourself any chance to be able to understand it.

So, please give youself the chance, put aside your excluded-middle reasoning and try to read it again with an open mind until the end of it, before you air your view about it.

Thank you,

Last edited:
WWW said:
Can you see beyond the 0 XOR 1 excluded-middle reasoning?

What is the stratification of relations in your system?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are some fundamental mathematical concepts that are commonly reexamined?

Some common fundamental mathematical concepts that are reexamined include number systems, algebraic operations, geometry, and calculus.

2. Why is it important to reexamine fundamental mathematical concepts?

Reexamining fundamental mathematical concepts helps to deepen our understanding of these concepts and identify any potential flaws or inconsistencies. It also allows for the development of new theories and applications.

3. How do scientists go about reexamining fundamental mathematical concepts?

Scientists use a variety of methods, such as proof-based reasoning, mathematical modeling, and computational simulations, to reexamine fundamental mathematical concepts.

4. What are some potential benefits of reexamining fundamental mathematical concepts?

Reexamining fundamental mathematical concepts can lead to advancements in various fields, such as technology, engineering, and physics. It can also help to improve our problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.

5. Are there any challenges in reexamining fundamental mathematical concepts?

Yes, there can be challenges in reexamining fundamental mathematical concepts, such as identifying and understanding complex concepts, developing new theories, and overcoming biases and preconceived notions about certain concepts.