Parallel Lines between Two Blocks (Latex)

In summary, the conversation discusses using Latex code to draw multiple parallel lines between two blocks. The speaker is using the Tikz/PGF package and is seeking advice on the best way to control the positioning of the lines. They specifically mention needing two lines above the middle, three vertical lines, and one line at the bottom. They also mention trying the control sequences \hline{\textwidth} \hline{\textwidth} but are unsure if it will work with Tikz/PGF. They request that the suggested solution be integrated into the code to see how it will work.
EngWiPy
Hello all,

I have two blocks, and I want to draw multiple parallel lines between them. This is the Latex code I have

Code:
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{tikz}
\usetikzlibrary{shapes,arrows,fadings, shadows}

\usepackage{amsmath,bm,times}

\begin{document}
\pagestyle{empty}

\tikzstyle{sensor}=[draw, fill=blue!20, text width=5em, 
    text centered, minimum height=2.5em]
\tikzstyle{naveqs} = [sensor, text width=4em, fill=gray!40, 
    minimum height=12em, rounded corners, shade, drop shadow]

\begin{tikzpicture}
\node (naveq) [naveqs, name=S2P] {S/P};
\node (naveq) [naveqs, name=FFT, right of=S2P,node distance=3cm] {FFT};

\end{tikzpicture}

\end{document}

What is the best way to do so?

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
How about
\hline{\textwidth}
\hline{\textwidth}
?

DrDu said:
How about
\hline{\textwidth}
\hline{\textwidth}
?

I am using Tikz/PGF package. I am not sure if the above control sequences work within. Besides, I need to control the positions of those horizontally parallel lines. In particular, I need two lines above the middle, three vertical lines, and then one line at the bottom.

I appreciate if you can integrate the suggestion into the code to see how it will work.

Thanks

Related to Parallel Lines between Two Blocks (Latex)

1. How do parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) affect friction?

Parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) have no direct effect on friction. Friction is determined by the nature of the materials in contact and the force applied between them.

2. Can parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) create a stronger bond?

No, parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) do not have any impact on the strength of the bond between the blocks. The strength of the bond is determined by the adhesive properties of the materials and the surface area of contact.

3. Do parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) have any electrical properties?

No, parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) do not possess any electrical properties. They are simply lines drawn on the surface of the blocks and do not affect the electrical properties of the materials.

4. How do parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) affect the stability of the blocks?

Parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) do not have any direct effect on the stability of the blocks. The stability of the blocks is determined by the balance of forces acting on them and the surface they are resting on.

5. Can parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) affect the overall strength of the blocks?

No, parallel lines between two blocks (Latex) do not have any impact on the overall strength of the blocks. The strength of the blocks is determined by their material composition and structural design, not by any lines drawn on their surface.