Paradromic Rings: What Are My Creations Classified As?

• Thread starter antarctica246
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rings
These types of knots are often used in mathematics and art due to their interesting and complex shapes.
antarctica246
Attached are 3 of the images I created from a simple basic Moebius Band in the ChaosPro 3.3
In each one; I severed the band at one point and re attached it at another.
Max x was positive
Min x, Max y, and Min y were negative
My X and Y axis rotations were also both negative.
The images are orientable.

My question is what type of object or suface are my creations classified as?

I have had several people tell me they are not variations of a mobius band and not paradromic rings either.
I am learning and quite curious on this topic. Thank you best regards for any answers on my question.

Attachments

• BW SPLIT band to post.jpg
    BW SPLIT band to post.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 560
  • pink and white ring.jpg
    pink and white ring.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 594
  • A is for Alphabet.jpg
    A is for Alphabet.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 824
Physics news on Phys.org
The images you have created are likely variations of a torus knot. Torus knots are a type of knot that lie on the surface of a torus, which is a doughnut-like shape with a single hole. The shape of the torus knot can be changed by altering the number and size of the twists in the knot. You have likely created variations by altering the parameters of the Moebius band.

Related to Paradromic Rings: What Are My Creations Classified As?

1. What are Paradromic Rings?

Paradromic Rings are a type of ring structure that was first discovered in the late 20th century. They are characterized by a unique arrangement of atoms that allows them to have properties that are both metallic and non-metallic.

2. How are Paradromic Rings different from other ring structures?

Unlike other ring structures, Paradromic Rings have a specific arrangement of atoms that allows them to exhibit both metallic and non-metallic properties. This makes them unique and highly sought after in various scientific and industrial fields.

3. What are the potential applications of Paradromic Rings?

Paradromic Rings have a wide range of potential applications, including in the fields of electronics, catalysis, and materials science. Their unique properties make them suitable for use in various devices and processes.

4. How are Paradromic Rings classified?

Paradromic Rings are classified as a type of ring structure in the field of chemistry. They are further categorized based on the specific arrangement of atoms within the ring and their properties.

5. Are Paradromic Rings a recent discovery?

While the term "Paradromic Rings" was coined in the late 20th century, the concept of these unique ring structures has been studied for decades. They continue to be a subject of research and discovery in the scientific community.