Overseas Job Seeker in London: Tips for Finding Employment as an MSc Graduate

• Thread starter Sadeq
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job
In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges faced by an overseas student with an MSc in structural engineering from Nottingham University who is seeking employment in London. Despite having top academic performance and strong skills, the student has not been successful in securing interviews for job applications made in the past month. The conversation also mentions the difficulties in obtaining a work visa and suggests seeking advice from university career advisors. It is also suggested that the student's language and communication skills may be affecting their job search. The conversation ends with a request for advice on job application methods and feedback.
Sadeq
I am an oversees student ,who hold MSc in structural engineering from Nottingham university, basically i want to work in London, actually i start to apply late a little bit( a month ago),and i have to find job before October with visa permission to stay in UK.

In the previous month i applied to tons of jobs and i didn't get an interview!

I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION
1. I am first in class
2.My skills in the Cv are really good(I believe)

But perhaps ,since i am oversees ,my opportunity i less

So is there any advice please

Physics news on Phys.org
From what I gather of the immigration situation, visas are getting harder and harder to come across. You have a plus since you have leave to remain in the country until October, but will still require sponsorship. Have you spoken to the careers advisors at your university? They will be able to provide more assistance.

Your difficulties in finding work may have something to do with your English and/or general communication skills.

How are you applying to these jobs? Who are you talking to? What feedback are you getting?

Related to Overseas Job Seeker in London: Tips for Finding Employment as an MSc Graduate

1. What are the top industries for job seekers in London?

The top industries for job seekers in London include finance, technology, professional services, creative industries, and healthcare.

2. How do I find job opportunities as a job seeker in London?

There are several ways to find job opportunities in London. You can search online job portals, attend job fairs and networking events, connect with recruiters, and reach out to companies directly through their career websites.

3. What is the average salary for job seekers in London?

The average salary for job seekers in London varies depending on the industry and job role. However, the average salary in London is higher than other cities in the UK, with the average annual salary being around £35,000.

4. Do I need a work visa to work as a job seeker in London?

If you are a non-UK citizen, you will need a valid work visa to work as a job seeker in London. You can apply for a work visa through the UK government's website or through your employer.

5. How can I stand out as a job seeker in London?

To stand out as a job seeker in London, you should tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific job and company you are applying for. Networking, gaining relevant experience, and continuously developing your skills can also help you stand out in a competitive job market.