Someone Had Too Much Time: Enjoy a Star Wars Movie in ASCII!

In summary, "Someone Had Too Much Time: Enjoy a Star Wars Movie in ASCII!" is a project where someone has recreated the entire Star Wars movie using only text characters. It was most likely created by someone with strong programming skills and a love for Star Wars. The accuracy of the ASCII version varies, but it can be a fun and creative way to experience the story. It is unclear if this project is legal, so it is best to obtain permission from the copyright holder. While it is possible to watch the entire movie in ASCII, it may not be the most enjoyable viewing experience.
The_Professional
..someone had too much time on their hands.

Hit start

Go to command prompt

Type in: Telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

Enjoy!

EDIT: If you're paranoid. It's just a full Star Wars movie in ASCII.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Originally posted by The_Professional
..someone had too much time on their hands.

Uh, yeah. I'll second that.

it isn't working. my command prompt went blank and nothing happend

Last edited:
lol

...wow, and I thought I didn't have a life... Why would anyone do this?!

1. What is "Someone Had Too Much Time: Enjoy a Star Wars Movie in ASCII!"?

"Someone Had Too Much Time: Enjoy a Star Wars Movie in ASCII!" is a project where someone has taken the time to recreate the entire Star Wars movie in ASCII art, using only text characters to represent the characters, scenes, and dialogue.

2. How was this project created?

This project was most likely created by someone with strong programming or coding skills who had a lot of free time and a love for Star Wars. They would have used a text editor or programming language to manually type out each scene and character using ASCII characters.

3. How accurate is the ASCII version compared to the actual movie?

The accuracy of the ASCII version depends on the level of detail and effort put into the project. Some versions may be more accurate than others, but overall it is unlikely to be a perfect recreation of the movie. However, it can still be a fun and creative way to experience the story of Star Wars.

4. Is this project legal?

It is difficult to say for certain whether this project is legal or not. It could potentially fall under fair use as a parody or transformative work. However, it is always best to obtain permission from the copyright holder before creating and sharing any derivative works.

5. Can I watch the entire movie in ASCII?

Yes, you can watch the entire movie in ASCII if you can find a version of it online. However, it may not be the most enjoyable viewing experience as it may be difficult to follow and lack the visual effects and audio of the original movie.