Number Theory Websites and Resources for Self-Study

In summary, number theory is a branch of mathematics that studies the properties and relationships of integers. It has various applications in fields such as cryptography and computer science. Some popular websites for self-study of number theory include Khan Academy, Brilliant, and Number Theory Web. There are also online courses available for learning number theory, such as those offered by Coursera and Udemy. Online forums and communities, such as Math Stack Exchange and Reddit's r/numbertheory, provide a platform for discussing number theory with others. Additionally, there are many databases and repositories, such as arXiv and JSTOR, where research papers and articles on number theory can be found for further exploration.
totoro
do anyone have any website for number theory? if can the whole course of it. i want to start learning it by myself. can anyone introduce a book for me?

thank you

Mathematics news on Phys.org
An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers
by Edward Maitland Wright, Godfrey H. Hardy

An Introduction to the Theory Of Numbers

Although I haven't used this book before but it is highly recommended by students who want to start learning number theory

Last edited:
Use google to search for "number theory". You will get lots of web sites.

1. What is number theory?

Number theory is a branch of mathematics that deals with the properties of integers and their relationships with one another. It is a fundamental and ancient field of study, with applications in cryptography, coding theory, and computer science.

2. What are some websites for self-study of number theory?

Some popular websites for self-study of number theory include Khan Academy, Brilliant, and Number Theory Web. These sites offer a variety of resources such as video lessons, practice problems, and interactive activities.

3. Are there any online courses available for learning number theory?

Yes, there are several online courses available for learning number theory. Some popular ones include "Introduction to Number Theory" by Coursera and "Number Theory for Beginners" by Udemy. These courses offer structured lessons and assignments for a more comprehensive learning experience.

4. Are there any online forums or communities for discussing number theory?

Yes, there are online forums and communities dedicated to discussing number theory, such as Math Stack Exchange and Reddit's r/numbertheory. These platforms allow individuals to ask and answer questions, share resources, and engage in discussions with others interested in number theory.

5. Can I find research papers and articles on number theory online?

Yes, there are many databases and repositories that host research papers and articles on number theory. Some popular ones include arXiv, MathSciNet, and JSTOR. These resources are useful for those looking to dive deeper into specific topics within number theory.