Government Psychics: CIA Psychic Spies?

• Thread starter einsteinian77
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Government
In summary, there have been reports of psychics trained by the CIA in remote viewing, also known as psychic spying. Some of these psychics have demonstrated their abilities, such as drawing a perfect description of a person's location with just their name. However, top remote viewers seem to be secretive and uncooperative, making it difficult to gather more information. The government has released some documents on their involvement in remote viewing, particularly in "Project Stargate." There is also an interview with the founder of the CIA's remote viewing project, although it may not be entirely credible. This topic has the potential to change our understanding of the universe.
einsteinian77
I seen, on a few programs, psychics who say they've been trained by the CIA many years back to become a psychic spy. They had a pretty convincing demonstration by one these psychics on some sci-fi show In Search Of or something. They told the psychic only the name of the person and within minutes he drew a perfect description of where that person was. Anyone else hear about these people?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, this is the remote viewing crowd.

Not long ago I emailed the top ten sites for remote viewing. Included was Ed Dames - considered to be on of the kings of this field. In spite of my best efforts, he was aloof, hostile, and unwilling to provide any significant information or evidence. We did have on person named PJ stop by, and she was very helpful, but it seems that most remote viewers keep their demonstrations mostly private or for TV only. :wink:

You may want to review the following thread that discusses all of this.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showt...page=15&highlight=remote viewing&pagenumber=1

stargate

Yes its the remote viewing group. The government has released some of its documents on its dealings with remote viewing. The only project that i am definate that they conducted was 'Project Stargate' ... no this isn't the t.v. show. I wish i could give you more information, but i can't remember where i put some of my resources... ( my library is a mess lol ) when/if i find it i'll see if i can tell you more. I do know that you can send a snail-mail letter to somewhere in the government and get a load of declassified information on the project, delivered to your door for the price of the paper and mailing... I hope this helps

Here is a url of a recent interview with the guy who founded the CIA? remote viewing project along with hal putoff, sounds a bit dodgy to me but I think hal putoff (which I think is more credible than this guy) endorses his hippy book. If it really has a any truth to it should change our way of thinking about the universe in a big way, maybe all those quantum physicists know something we don't already. Whatever I find this interesting.

http://www.live365.com/stations/walkercollier

1. What is the purpose of the CIA using psychics?

The CIA has used psychics as a means of gathering intelligence, particularly during the Cold War era. They believed that psychics had the ability to access information that was beyond the reach of traditional intelligence methods.

2. How did the CIA recruit psychics?

The CIA employed a variety of methods to recruit psychics, including conducting interviews and tests to assess their abilities. They also worked with individuals who claimed to have psychic abilities and trained them to use their skills for intelligence gathering purposes.

3. How successful were the CIA's psychic operations?

The success of the CIA's psychic operations is a highly debated topic. Some sources claim that they were able to obtain valuable information through psychic means, while others argue that the information obtained was unreliable and often led to false leads.

4. What types of missions did the CIA's psychic spies undertake?

The CIA's psychic spies were involved in a variety of missions, including locating missing persons, gathering information on foreign governments and their activities, and even attempting to predict future events. They were also used in remote viewing experiments, where they would attempt to gather information about a specific location without physically being there.

5. Has the use of psychics by the CIA been confirmed?

While the CIA has never officially confirmed the use of psychics, there have been numerous declassified documents and accounts from former CIA employees that suggest the agency did indeed employ psychics for intelligence gathering purposes. However, the effectiveness of these operations is still a topic of debate.