'time-traveler' busted for insider tradeing.

• Thread starter kyleb
  • Start date
In summary, a Wall Street trader has been arrested for insider trading and claims to be a time-traveler from the year 2256. The story was originally reported by the Weekly World News, a tabloid publication. However, there are no other sources to confirm the story. The trader refuses to disclose the location of his time-craft for fear of it falling into the wrong hands, despite the fact that he would have learned about it in history class.
kyleb
i figure this subject covers too many fields to fit in anyone forums so i am putting it here in general discussion.

NEW YORK -- Federal investigators have arrested an enigmatic Wall Street wiz on insider-trading charges -- and incredibly, he claims to be a time-traveler from the year 2256!

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/wwn/20030319/104808600007.html [Broken]

so what do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
this is a weekly world news article, isn't that a tabloid? It'd would be incredibily hillarious if this were true though.

lol, you i guess so. i just found the link from another forum and thought it would be fitting here. however, i dug around for alternative sources and found nothing. funny story anyway.

^^^ WWN is a tabloid? Damn! No wonder http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/batboy/index.cfm [Broken] hasn't been answering my letters!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why didn't he know he was going to get caught?

He doesn't want to tell where the time-craft is for fear it will fall into "the wrong hands". If it did, dontcha think he'd remember hearing about it in history class?

"Oh that's right; I am the wrong hands!"

Only one thing to say about that, lol.

1. How did the time-traveler know about the insider trading information?

It is not possible for someone to travel through time and gather information from the future. This is most likely a case of insider trading where the individual had access to confidential information.

2. What evidence do we have that this person is a time-traveler?

There is no scientific evidence that supports the existence of time travel. Without concrete evidence, it is more likely that this is a case of illegal insider trading.

3. Can time travel be used for financial gain?

No, time travel is not possible and therefore cannot be used for any purpose, including financial gain. This is most likely a case of someone using illegal means to gather information for their own personal benefit.

4. Is time travel possible in the future?

While there are theories about the possibility of time travel, it is currently not possible with our current understanding of science. It would require a significant advancement in technology and understanding of the laws of physics.

5. What are the consequences for this time-traveler's actions?

If found guilty of insider trading, the individual may face legal consequences such as fines and imprisonment. It is important to follow ethical and legal guidelines when it comes to financial investments and avoid any illegal activities.